more respect for my supra! kill modified SRT-4

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
last night i was in town cruzing around and a guy in a modified SRT-4 turbo came up on me we messed around in town some.. my first thoughts are i know srt-4's are quick and i'll prolly loose if we race but to my suprise my car was faster. we were in town going about 40mph. i was in 2nd and we went and i pulled on him not alot but a decent amount. we then drove out to the highway to where we could get some higher speeds and actualy race some. we went from 30 to about 90mph and i was ahead of him the whole way pulling on him... HERES THE SUPRISE!! LOL specs...

my supra... 3in exhaust, no cat. 60-1 turbo. intake, intercooler hard pipes. aftermarket bov. 93oct. pump gas. boost control and gauge, thats about it..

ONLY 8-9 psi at time of race... if i ran 10 at the time i would hit fuel cut, i had a boost leak.... now fixed and can run 13-14..

SRT-4...racing suspension, full 3in exhaust, 93oct. pump gas. boost control and gauge, RUNNING 20 PSI!!!!

dont know if you guys will be suprised by this but i was very very happy with the ol' supra after that.. heavy car running 8-9psi vs. light car running 20psi.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
you had more than enough to kill him...

guys around here see taking the exhaust off and adding a BOV as power mods... sure it boosts a bit higher, but I still walk on em...

not to say I haven't been completelly raped by one to the point that it was as if I had thrown an anchor out the back of my car...

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
he said his car ran 13.4's in the quarter mile.... if this is true my car is alot faster than i realize... iam now running about 13-14 psi but it feels the same as it did at 9psi :(

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
suprafanatic said:
he said his car ran 13.4's in the quarter mile.... if this is true my car is alot faster than i realize... iam now running about 13-14 psi but it feels the same as it did at 9psi :(

If it feels just the same, I'm wondering if you're starting to lean out on top, as you don't show ANY fuel mods in your description...

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
no its running to rich... i have walbro 255. and by pass j-tube. the car smells like gas and back fires some.. when its rich it looses power

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
i hope you have something to tune your car with. if not get one and when your car is tuned i bet you will notice a world of difference. Nice kill btw srt4s are pretty quick.

supra1

Supraholic
Oct 19, 2007
EwwK
suprafanatic said:
thanks man! just bought a safc and saving for a wide band.. my car should be pretty fast after i get it tuned good.

What injectors are you running?

I would make the wideband your first priority to be honest...without tuning and correct fuel = Not Good!

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
i need both equaly.. but with a safc i can at least get some kind of tune.. with a wide band i wont be able to do anything but just see what a/f im hitting. i already know im running rich.

MmmBoost

DDS Performance
i wouldnt suggest tuning without the wideband, because what feels right might be too lean...

fwiw, i noticed my car a LOT faster after i tuned it. the stock ECU likes to keep the A/F ratio around 10 or so. way too rich.