MORE Maft Pro Help

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
I'm getting codes 24,31,32

I know 24 is normal with maft speed density, but is 31? and 32 i thought was for the 7m-ge, which i have but have all GTE electronics??!?!?!

I'm hooking up timing monitor in the morning, already removed the 'r7' resistor just gotta hook up yellow wire on 10pin to g2, but do i cut the harness and connect it, or just 't' into it, or does it matter?

I have wot afr tracking and ptt afr. but I get 'dead' spots where the tunerpro doesn't show 'target afr' and sometimes it goes rich or lean.

Please guys I'm slowly loosing my mind, but the car does run quite well otherwise.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Well, you have disconnected your airflow meter, right? Code 31 is the airflow meter signal. :)

As for G2, you are trying to get a "monitor" function to work, not a "control" function. You had to make a hardware change (The R7 resistor) to the Maftpro in order for it to be able to monitor timing, but you don't have to disable anything on the engine harness side to make a monitor function work. If you cut a wire going to the ECU, then you're going to disable whatever that wire does. In the case of G2, it's pretty important!

Use your deductive and logical thinking skills and see what you come up with.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
JimR;1187188 said:
Well, you have disconnected your airflow meter, right? Code 31 is the airflow meter signal. :)

As for G2, you are trying to get a "monitor" function to work, not a "control" function. You had to make a hardware change (The R7 resistor) to the Maftpro in order for it to be able to monitor timing, but you don't have to disable anything on the engine harness side to make a monitor function work. If you cut a wire going to the ECU, then you're going to disable whatever that wire does. In the case of G2, it's pretty important!

Use your deductive and logical thinking skills and see what you come up with.

yah i was just curios if others running the maft pro w/sd had the exact same codes, i know 24 is forsure normal and 31 makes sense...but 32 has me stumped.

oh and once i figured g2 was for cps..i didn't cut it;) timing monitor is nice but does anyone have timing map for pre 89 turbo?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Sigh....

RTFM man. Code 32 - 7M-GTE =

Diagnosis(HAC Sensor Signal(7M-GTE))

* Open circuit or short circuit in HAC sensor signal.

Trouble Area

* ECU

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
CRE;1188148 said:
Sigh....

RTFM man. Code 32 - 7M-GTE =

Diagnosis(HAC Sensor Signal(7M-GTE))

* Open circuit or short circuit in HAC sensor signal.

Trouble Area

* ECU

Sorry Cre and thanks once again.

I've been reading a S#!^ load and must not of noticed, i've been at my car non-stop for like 2 and 1/2 months and now its 1500kms away waiting for me; so i'm a little anxious for my next set of days off. So now that i know all my codes are normal(and yes i know avoidable) i gotta log some runs when i'm down there. PTT and WOT Tracking are being inconsistent and i dont know why, is there a anywire I could of hooked up wrong and my car still run quite good???..thanks again.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
dumbo;1188584 said:
PTT and WOT Tracking are being inconsistent and i dont know why, is there a anywire I could of hooked up wrong and my car still run quite good???

If you've got a relatively steady WB reading try adjusting your gain. If the gain is too high you may see the AFR (while tracking is active) bounce all over the place. If it's too low it may take quite a wehile for it to reach the target AFR and if it passes it it will take a while to recover.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
CRE;1188759 said:
If you've got a relatively steady WB reading try adjusting your gain. If the gain is too high you may see the AFR (while tracking is active) bounce all over the place. If it's too low it may take quite a wehile for it to reach the target AFR and if it passes it it will take a while to recover.

it is steady but only for a noticeble amount of time, ex. ptt target will be 14.5:1 showing on tunerpro, then all of of sudden will get like 12:1 for a ahwile, very similar for WOT good-but rich will get 10.5-11:1 then ..all of a sudden will run leaner for a while, then sometimes it just falls on its face and hits 9:1 for awhile.

and when it gets rich usaully high rpms 5000-5500 it is very quick you can feel the car loose power,

GAIN is on the top of the list i will try different settings
is F OUT MAX for fuel cut/leaning the top end out?? it seemed to help my Fuel cut set at 1400hz-i read fuel cut is 1500hz? not sure if this is correct.

i have a lot of fuel added at idle, something like 40%@400rpm and same @800rpm and even idle is isconsistent:aigo: sometimes perfect sometimes lean

ALL and ALL you may see my inconsistencys..but driveabilty is good so i am wondering whats goin on.

sorry for the long post.

Jim R my stock o2 is unplugged, and my Wideband out put is spliced one for the gauge and one for mft pro. get the same reading on both.

JimR

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Canada
Can you post up one of your tunerpro logs and give us frame numbers to look at as reference points for when certain things go haywire?

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
I can't say for sure, but I don't believe fuel cut is based entirely on the air flow signal. I'd bet it at least is also dependent on air temp if not other factors.

Personally, I don't recommend screwing with frequency limits... keep a close eye on things.

dumbo

Supramania Contributor
Jul 16, 2008
Albera, Too Far North
JimR;1188808 said:
Can you post up one of your tunerpro logs and give us frame numbers to look at as reference points for when certain things go haywire?

sorry.. i dont have a good log that shows it, but inconsistence is the best way i can put it, from bad to good to bad. rich,stoich,lean, but not really lean on boost ever.

most of my 'tuning' was me driving my friend with the labtop, not much logging.

i'll try the 'gain-', and log some more runs-which show the problem. but i wont be close to my car for a bit now:(