More boost... Without 2jz map

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
hey guys I'm trying to run 18 psi but I'm using the stock 1jz map... I tried looking for the 2j map but can't find one...

Maybe I'm not looking in the right place... Can someone shed some info?

Or what can I do with out going stinger or any standalone to run more psi??? Can i just wire a GM 3bar map? Will that work?

Thanks...

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
i used me the greddy bcc. i had a 2jz though. worked great. got me up to 20 psi, that's as much as i wanted to go with the setup i had.

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
crazysupra2JZ said:
i used me the greddy bcc. i had a 2jz though. worked great. got me up to 20 psi, that's as much as i wanted to go with the setup i had.

you know of anyone selling a 2J map? Which Greddy you using? profec b?

crazysupra2JZ

Nov 16, 2006
Georgia
it was the Boost Cut Controller. not a boost controller. i was using a MBC at the time. since you're in GA, there is a shop called AAP Motorsports in suwanne. not sure if i spelled that right. they have a lot of 2jz stuff, might want to see them.

www.aapmotorsports.com

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
crazysupra2JZ said:
it was the Boost Cut Controller. not a boost controller. i was using a MBC at the time. since you're in GA, there is a shop called AAP Motorsports in suwanne. not sure if i spelled that right. they have a lot of 2jz stuff, might want to see them.

www.aapmotorsports.com

Ya I know who your talking bout... and ya you spelled it right.

Tissimo- afc? I think I might just go and do that.. I have a neo laying around somewhere here...

Thanks guys!

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I have an extra 2JZ map too. BUT, I have proven that my 1JZ map was teh SAME resolution as the 2JZ map (both 2.3bar), it's not an upgrade as some seem to think, unless they somehow stuck some 2bar sensors on some motors.

Denso 3bar is plug and play. That's what I run

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
annoyingrob said:
I have an extra 2JZ map too. BUT, I have proven that my 1JZ map was teh SAME resolution as the 2JZ map (both 2.3bar), it's not an upgrade as some seem to think, unless they somehow stuck some 2bar sensors on some motors.

Denso 3bar is plug and play. That's what I run

Is that a discontinued part? Where can I get that from?

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
I didn't read all the replys... but first.

DO NOT USE A 2JZGTE MAP!!!! IT's not calibrated for the 1JZGTE ecu.

DO NOT DEFEAT FUEL CUT BY USING AN SAFC2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The 1JZGTE MAP sensor reads to 21.7 psi. Fuel cut is at 1 bar. The only way to correctly tune above 1 bar is to run a reflashed ECU with the fuel cut programming removed and the fuel and ign map revised. Or run a fuel cut defencer with an SAFC2 to no greater then 21psi.

To go above that, the next easy option is a "MAP ECU 2". That will control a 1jzgte to 1000whp and it's very inexpensive and piggy back so you have 100% factory driveability.

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
So... I just might as well go ahead and use the Map ecu instead of sourcing out different maps and AFC's?

Ric

Setting the standard
Feb 22, 2007
Central Florida
www.1jzgte.us
Used map ecu's off supra forums are cheaper then a used SAFC2. The MAP ecu has a built in 5 bar map. If you have any problems hooking it up, call up Power House Racing, they mastered it on the 1JZ eariler this year.

A MAPECU2 will also control ignition, but theres no need to get the 2 unless you plan above 700whp

daneyan

Banned
Sep 1, 2005
South Florida
i ran 21 psi on a 1jz with safc2 and fuel cut defencer with 440 inj. just get the car tuned and all will be well . and a friend of mine with the similar setup as mine but only 550cc injectors as the difference went all the way up to 28 psi.

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
Well I just picked up a map ecu 30 minutes ago... for $275 I'll hook it up tonight and let you guys know how it goes...

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
daneyan said:
i ran 21 psi on a 1jz with safc2 and fuel cut defencer with 440 inj.
Do you understand what's happening to your timing tables when you do that? Just a warning to people using the SAFC and a FCD. What you're doing is clamping the MAP signal to the ECU just below cut. The stock ECU reads the MAP signal to adjust timing maps. What this means is your timing will be the same for 15psi as it is for 21psi. The SAFC can't adjust the timing. Personally, I would not want to be running timing that agressive on 21psi, but it's not my motor. If you want to defeat boost cut this way, find something to control timing too.

Nopaint: The Denso 3bar is not discontinued, it's just hard to find. I know HKS sells them, but they're expensive. I believe you can also get them as replacement sensors for APEXi units.

Nopaint

Jan 30, 2007
GA
annoyingrob said:
Do you understand what's happening to your timing tables when you do that? Just a warning to people using the SAFC and a FCD. What you're doing is clamping the MAP signal to the ECU just below cut. The stock ECU reads the MAP signal to adjust timing maps. What this means is your timing will be the same for 15psi as it is for 21psi. The SAFC can't adjust the timing. Personally, I would not want to be running timing that agressive on 21psi, but it's not my motor. If you want to defeat boost cut this way, find something to control timing too.

Nopaint: The Denso 3bar is not discontinued, it's just hard to find. I know HKS sells them, but they're expensive. I believe you can also get them as replacement sensors for APEXi units.

Ya I saw the APEXi units.. but they were $125-$165.
I just went ahead and got the MAP ECU2