Mooo haaa....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboWarrior

Apr 1, 2005
Canada
Nick Stonawski;1054901 said:
i know what ur talking about. a bunch of my customers cars are like that. i plan to do what my boss did and do my grey and have it lightly fade to show off the CF but still keep a light grey hue on the top which makes the CF look real deep in the paint(like deeper water). a REALLY cool effect!

Then again, im lucky with my color cause in some angles and light u cant even tell what is CF. My Stout hood in this pic looks painted eventhough its brand new outta the box full CF! :) we'll see. ill try it all on probably next week since im getting swampped at work again.

p1055372_1.jpg

The hood/fender lines look a little wacky is that the hoods fault? I was thinking about getting one at some point thats why im asking.

Nice car though. One of the best.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Glad I have a subscription to Import Tuner right now. Any idea of when it will actually happen, and when it would hit the magazine. One of my 2-3 favorite cars, and it's getting even better, AND published. Great work Nick!

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
As I said on SF... I'm looking into getting into the CF industry so don't expect them to be the only ones forever Nick! But nice none the less... now just make the whole car CF and I'll really love it.

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
SupraOfDoom;1055417 said:
I'm looking into getting into the CF industry so don't expect them to be the only ones forever Nick! But nice none the less...

^^^ Same for me. Just gotta get the rest of my life in order before adding carbon fiber work into the mix lol.

The kit looks GREAT! The rears don't make much sense to me but still nice to have the only ones. A rear lip/diffuser out of CF that had the side look of the Bomex add-ons would be SICK but I realize you just threw some CF in the mold you had.

Maybe mold and paint the top half to match and leave the bottom CF so it looks like a small rear add-on? Make the rear bumper out of CF? hehe

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
Very nice work Nick, did you consider tinting it grey to better match your paint?

I'm in the CF industry and we do it all the time. Where we do it:
www.avisosurf.com

And for those of you who are interested . . . Yes I can get you a great price on a board.

p1055552_1.jpg

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Gilsdorf;1055552 said:
Very nice work Nick, did you consider tinting it grey to better match your paint?

I'm in the CF industry and we do it all the time. Where we do it:
www.avisosurf.com

And for those of you who are interested . . . Yes I can get you a great price on a board.

p1055757_1.jpg

Any wakeboards or kite boards?

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
We've got a 5-11 Slingshot in the prototype/testing stage right now, should be ready to roll in a few weeks (Tony Logoscz is doing the actual testing). Wake boards are further--out if at all (focusing on the kite industry for expansion right now).

We have ~85 different shapes from 19 shapers (the one in the pic is a 5-9 Dick Van Stralen from Queensland, AU--we do 3 of his shapes).

Nick sorry, not trying to thread jack.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.