molding bomex rear skirts?

turbotony

Mar 31, 2005
vegas
Im want to have my bomex rear skirts molded to the bumper, anyone know what material I should have the shop use? I have heard the wrong stuff will end up cracking, and of course I dont want that, so how is it done properly? the entire car will be sanded down as well for a new paint job.

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
do not use bondo, bondo cracks. the best thing to do is redoing the fiberglass or plastic body fillers.

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
use an frp to tpo glue. 3M products has a glue for fiberglass to semi-rigid plastics. or use duramix glue. flush mount rivets every few inches if you can and smooth everything over with evercost plastic finishing Glaze Coat

or any of these will work at evercoat.com

BONDING ADHESIVES, SEAM SEALERS, FOAMS & PLASTIC REPAIR

Three bonding adhesives cover virtually any bonding application
Patented 1:1 technology meets or exceeds OEM metal or SMC bonding requirements
The Maxim Plastic Repair System takes the guesswork out of plastic identification
Universal cartridge uses a heavy duty, standard-style, professional caulking gun
Easy to apply and sand
Work times to fit virtually any repair
Improve shop productivity and reduce labor and material cost

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I was going to say what he said...................:biglaugh:

Very good answer sir, and I was just kidding about me going to say that. I would have let the body shop worry about it since they're the ones that do if for a living.

turbotony

Mar 31, 2005
vegas
thanks drerok, I am going to suggest the evercoat to the shop. something that is made for good adheasion to fiberglass and plastic was exactly what I was looking for.

drerok

Feb 6, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
www.myspace.com
no problem buddy...yeah i've been doing custom fiberglass work for a few years now. most body shops don't know what to do when it comes to molding fiberglass and plastics and just try to use the cheapest way out. so i would definately go in there with some knowledge on your head. good luck.