Mods with out...

yalc

i want my supra back.
Aug 22, 2005
DALLAS, tx
Well today I got the car back with all the cooling issues seem to be fixed with a new fan clutch and the csf radiator (thanks 935!). Still having boost problems/fuel cut thou. But while talking with the guy helping me get my car all fixed... I was asking about doing a new Head Gasket/bolts and any thing else to do while im down there, but after looking in to decing to build up an engine while driving this like it is, just wondering..

What mods should/could I do before needing to rebuild and build up the engine.

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
those are two questions,

1) what mods can you get away with on your current head gasket
and
2) what mods can you get away with on your stock components

if its the original hg, not much more than stock boost, maybe intake and exhaust before you lose the hg, if it has been replaced properly and torqued to atleast 74ft/lb than you move on to question 2

for that just look here its the best tryed and true route you can take

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17

just read through that,

as far as what the components can handle i beleive it was less than 500 hp reliably.
i remember some guy hit 700 but never heard how long that lasted.

oh and how many miles on this engine, if its old and tired consider new oil pump and new lower bearings on your crank and rods so you dont get the rod knock.

just let us know the details of you car and we can give you a less broad asnwer.

Last edited:

yalc

i want my supra back.
Aug 22, 2005
DALLAS, tx
the car was for sale on here, but bought it from the guy that got it from him.. soo its
"
car has 128,000 miles
JDM motor with less than 50,000 miles
new clutch
new headgasket
17" rims wrapped in kumho ecsta tires
5 speed
(T.E.M.S)electronic suspension control
optional super monitor
windows and locks all power
"
recently replaced the dinky wheels on there with mk4 wheels (yay 9.5 rear). Had some of the problems fixed with it TPS, rewired knock, re ran a few lines, and replace the radatior with CSF Race one, and a new SUPRA fan clutch, and was given/traded a turboxs 2 stage mbc.

the radiator on the car was from a nissan of some type and the fan and clutch was really dinky and small, so yay no more overheating, and if the car was an NA it would be awesome, redoing all the turbo pipes with hard pipes soon. But after than? what?

and the tems is broken :(

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
check your hoses and make sure they can all take the power,

turn up your boost

get new intake and redo exhaust starting with new elbow and move on from there

then lex afm

then 550's

then new fuel pump

then bigger turbo.