Mods for ur NA

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Got a quick question on n/a to n/a-t. I recieved a mildly built n/a from selling a shell. The motor has valeno 10.5:1 pistons, stock rods, balanced rotating assembly, 3mm hks hg, and fully rebuilt head. A shop said motor could take 200 shot of n02. My question is what boost could this motor hold?

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
KILLERMK3 said:
Got a quick question on n/a to n/a-t. I recieved a mildly built n/a from selling a shell. The motor has valeno 10.5:1 pistons, stock rods, balanced rotating assembly, 3mm hks hg, and fully rebuilt head. A shop said motor could take 200 shot of n02. My question is what boost could this motor hold?

Boost is just a number. What turbo are u consider running then someone can adequetly answer your question.With that high of compression tuning is key. Me personally wouldnt go any bigger than a upgrade ct. With raised boost and proper tuning 200hp extra should be achievable.

Superjustin13

Supra teacher 101
Apr 4, 2005
Idaho
intake, header's, exhaust, weight reduction is the cheapest and easier, i got a custom intake for sale if interested.

87supraman

Jan 26, 2006
Tucson Arizona
Fuzz420 said:
Pull timing or run preimium gasoline(if your not already)

I was running 15 above TDC so i dropped it to base (10), It still pinged, but not as bad, And Premium fuel all the way, Does MAF have anything to do with the advance curve?

I have extra MAF's so no worries, I can play with one and still have two good ones

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
the obx headers do wonders but they do require Little modifications to work right.... First the flange that bolts to the head.. the right side interferes with the distributer... so you have to grind on the flange... then get teh 2 piece welded to 1 piece and the pipe that bolts to the header is cock eyed and doesn't sit on the cat right..it leaks.... Also cut the o2 sensor flange off and get a o2 Bung welded in it's place.... after all that, it's Great! header cost me $205 shipped from ebay plus about an extra $20 and an hour of labor grinding the flange...... All in all, I'de recommend it with the power gains.

chris89

May 31, 2005
Columbia, MO
87supraman said:
I was running 15 above TDC so i dropped it to base (10), It still pinged, but not as bad, And Premium fuel all the way, Does MAF have anything to do with the advance curve?

I have extra MAF's so no worries, I can play with one and still have two good ones

it might, Just yank it off the car grab a TSRM and a digital multimeter and Check to see if it's good or bad.... if it's bad just go to O'reilly auto parts and get one for $200.

MKivSupra_Rob

INLINE6
Jan 22, 2006
Wpg
the na has just as much potential as any other na 6 cyl. but definatly not worth it when a 7mgte can be bought for so cheap.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
MKivSupra_Rob said:
the na has just as much potential as any other na 6 cyl. but definatly not worth it when a 7mgte can be bought for so cheap.

Not so much. BMW has NA 6cyls that have wayyy more potential then a 7MGE. I don't honestly see a point in staying NA if you want better performance when you can turbo it so easily and cheaply

supramacist

Banned
Apr 8, 2006
The Grassy Knole
Rob..., no disrespect but how can you compare a 7mge to a side mounted box 6??? 90 model 911 C4. Non Turbo. stock 250hp/ awd/ 5spd. 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. So it's a stock 11 second car.

My 91 supra was awesome to drive before her BHG. I'm working on that now.
But it's not as hot today as it was even just 1 year ago. The new honda civics would be a fare race. Everything has 200 hp these days. Hell the nissans are 300hp the new supras are 400 hp. So nissan will come back with a match for the new supra. And these two cars no matter there age will continue to be sought after by our grand childrens gear headed grand children.

I just keep waiting on nissan to drop a nut and put that big Titan v8 into a Z car or a maxima. Guess I'll keep waiting. That single move would take them even further into the pages of time and history. Damn. I'm feeling profound. lol.

Supra is a lifestyle. And so is porsche and bmw and mercedez. And ford and chevy's.

Can you dig it man??? ha, I knew that you could.