mkIV for $9.999 debating on buying help please

dsuprak

Apr 24, 2010
toronto
well i want this as my first car and paying isnt an issue i can pay monthly and im not putting insurance on it till i fix it up a bit , but im only 15 i have and iv wanted a supra since i was tiny i have my own job i could pay for it, just trying to see what ppl think

dsuprak

Apr 24, 2010
toronto
yea i did my dad says its not a good deal :Sbut my uncle says it is and hes a mechanic i dont kno :( lol i want the car so badly and my dads talkin all this smack liek oh dont worry ill find u a better supra and pay for it myself ... bullshit

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
then let him do it.. ur still very young... you have money to keep it? insurance will be A LOT especially in toronto. gas, maintainence etc. take ur time.

kelson

Apr 17, 2009
Socorro, NM
:thumbdown get something cheaper. 10K for the car +insurance +parts to do "fixing up" +$600 tires +gas + + + + + + ect. ect. ect. cars are NEVER as cheep as they seem. my guess is your job probably isn't as good as you think it is, besides you don't want to be in a bunch of debt when your 15! can you even drive by yourself?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Do your self a favor and get something way cheaper. Mk4's are expensive and turbos should not be in the hands of 15 yr olds.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Not even worth considering. A right hand drive turbo sports car as your first car? Might as well budget for a coffin at the same time.

Put some miles on your license in a proper LHD car before you start trying to deal with all the interesting challenges that come with wrong side drive.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
AlriGht you heard all the old men speak....i kid guys....

Im 18 and own an mkIII. Got the car for 5gs then hg blew, so Im dropping another 3500 into it. So that puts me at 8500 bucks. Tires and maintence are not included. So AN mkIV at 15 is not a good idea just for the shear fact that its too expensive. Shoot at 18 its hard anough with a mkIII, I couldnt imagine an mkIV.

So do what I did. I saved money from 15 till I was almost 18. And I bought my mkIII. For those 3 yrs I drove a 1987 Acura legend....not the ugliest car but it damn sure isnt the nicest. But it aloud me to save the money I needed for my dream car. And now I have it.

One more thing...10k for a twinturbo mkIV is kinda fishy, Im thinking something is probably broke badly on it, for them to sell it that low.

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
i say start off with a mk3, im only 18 too! mk3's have a lot of potential when done right, when i was 14 i started off with a mk2 celicasupra, i wanted a mk4 that time as well, but as time went by, i noticed, even with a mk2 i wasnt able to keep up with the other members on the forum, so just start off small and work your way up, you will get there!

Athena

Rawr
Jun 22, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Poodles;1558549 said:
At 15, you need to be looking at something cheap and reliable (and preferably slow).

I second that. my first car when I was your age was a 86 olds. It got me to work and school reliably. At 15 thats all you need.
I can promise you in 5 years after you have some driving experience with you, you'll be able to buy the car you want without paying half its worth in insurance.

aznboik1mva

Aug 20, 2009
Manchester,Ct
Yea not a good idea...think of insurance, all the money for fixing it up and the hassle that comes with these supras. Plus the car your 15 and really dont have experience with a high powered car compared to all these members who are in there mid 20s and 30s who are finnaly getting a supra lol

smokemkevo

May 28, 2009
mk4 n the hands of a 15 year old..... R.I.P mk4 or worse lol.... get u a 240sx n keep the KA n it.... or sum fwd for your first car. fast enough for wat your use to, n get your dream car later, get sum experience first my young skywalker haha

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

smokemyocum;1558836 said:
mk4 n the hands of a 15 year old..... R.I.P mk4 or worse lol.... get u a 240sx n keep the KA n it.... or sum fwd for your first car. fast enough for wat your use to, n get your dream car later, get sum experience first my young skywalker haha

Bought my first car with my own cash , it was a mazda mx6 with the KL. thought it was the fastest thing n the world, at that time it was to me. then losin control on a 25mph curve, goin 100mph or more, almost hittin the ditch but got lucky n gained control. made me drive responsible n needed sumthing faster, thats how i end up buyin n biuldin a mk3 lolz :D