MKIII With a Body Kit

schmuckingham

Dec 12, 2014
OHIOWN
I appreciate the add and finally having my account unlocked, I was starting to have a complex that I smelled or looked funny. Any who, I picked up a MKIII with a body kit :trollface: and for some reason the steering wheel on the wrong side. This is my first Toyota coming from Mustangs so with this little 2 liter I feel like I am traveling in a low rider wheelbarrow but it makes fun sounds. I am in the process of taking the head off to have the valve stems redone as I am getting smoke on warm start and loaded decel, I also found the rear turbo is toast so I am sure it didnt help with the smoke. The wheel is so loose I can probably tear it out if it wasn't so small and hard to get a hold of. I will be going single just because it is easier to install back in the car haha.

I have also made an order with Drift Motion for some parts including the Cobra brake adapters. I have a set of 2000 Cobra R brakes from a previous Mustang I am going to try and use, although the caliper may be too big. Enjoy what little pictures I have of the car currently, I am trying to take pictures as I go but just forget.

themadhatter

Jul 5, 2006
Vegas
So your the one who bought that soarer, well welcome to the club. I think there are only about 3 or 4 soarer owners on here right now and i think yours might be the only 1G car. If you need anything feel free to ask.

Last edited:

schmuckingham

Dec 12, 2014
OHIOWN
themadhatter;2034685 said:
So your the one who bought that soarer, well welcome to the club. I think there are only about 3 or 4 soarer owners on here right now and i think yours might be the only 1G car. If you need anything feel free to ask.

You make that sound like a bad thing haha.Yea I bought it from a friend of mine, I immediately liked it because it looked like a notch Mustang just squished haha. This 1G is a turd for sure and I can see why people swap out to a 1 or 2JZ but it is what I am stuck with while I save my pennies. I dont understand why Toyota has the engine harness connect to the body harness, it just makes my life more miserable.

Turbo-@;2034742 said:
Very cool car! Got any interior pics?

Nothing really super good but here are a few.

schmuckingham

Dec 12, 2014
OHIOWN
themadhatter;2034784 said:
You miss understand I didn't mean it as a bad thing I think that car looks fantastic from what I have seen of it.

For its age its great, there are some scratchs and dents ( not including the ones from my wife back into it.) but the underneath is clean. With one if not both of the turbos being toast I am hoping this thing has some giddy up when I go single. I also think the secondary butterfly system was broken but I cant be too sure yet.

There is a JDM MKIII front clip for sale on eBay with a 1JZ and R154 but I don't have 4500 beans to spend right now.