mk4 wheels vs starion wheels?

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
ok guys i have mk4 wheels on my supra, and i want to try the starion wheels... which one would u choose? and are the starion wheels aight for racing?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Iirc starion wheels are 16's. Mk4s are heavy but are prolly wider. More a of a looks thing i would think.

You want wheels for racing what kind of racing? Road races you would want the lightest wheels To get rid of unsprung weight.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
well like some road racing and some drag as well not much in drag. ya starions are 16x7 in front and 16x8 in rear.... what will be the widest tire i can put on the rear? and starions do look nice on mk3 supras.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Depends on how much tire flex/roll you want. Mk4s would be a lot better and have more used better sized tires out there. Esp if it for 1 day. The edges are going to be done after a good day on a road course. Wider would provide more grip with a wider tire and not having a ton of roll.

After market wheels would be the way to go tho.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
They would be ok. The smaller wheel would be better if you put a taller tire for drag. Different racing requires different setups.

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
starions all the way. way better looking. plus lighter. two great points. like ^this guy says. get them in 16x9. a little harder to find but worth it.

in fact i may just get those now. hahah. naw i wont steal your thunder.

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
lol nice nice ya but my supra is 87... so it might look a bit different from rtrdpenguin. so what size tire can i put in the rear rtrdpenguin? 16x8