MK4 Turbo engine mounts

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
I have a 89+ Supra and went with the MK4 turbo mounts from doing some searching on here just have to cut off the Aluminium nipple on the bottom my concern is they are .5" longer than the factory mounts has anyone had any clearance issues with these? Such as the Downpipe, Intercooler piping?
Thanks

Bill UK

90 Supra Turbo 14 psi
Aug 11, 2006
UK
Are they the same part # as these ones? Link, It does say quote “The mounts are the same height and width, however they have an extra locating pin on the bottom.”

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
you need mounts from a 98 tt. yes you have to grind the locating pin, but otherwise direct fit. they appear to be stronger than the 89+ too.

lintlars

ROOTS RADICALS
Apr 1, 2005
Ft.St.John BC
www.cardomain.com
Those the exact ones I have they are .5 " longer than my mounts the previous owner had solid mounts maybe the originals are the same length I do not have the origibal mounts to compare to.
Thanks

Bill UK

90 Supra Turbo 14 psi
Aug 11, 2006
UK
This may help, I ripped one of mine removing the engine some years ago and at the time I didn’t know about the 98TT So I had this brilliant idea of getting some fabricated by a company who recoats rubber industrial conveyer rollers (Hence the drawing) I eventually found some decent ones at the local scrap yard and dropped the fabrication idea, just as well as I didn’t realise they had a small amount of fluid inside which would have been a problem.
p1169457_1.jpg

Scot

Enough is Never Enough
Jan 9, 2008
Houston, TX
I just put them in my 91... 5 speed. I think the only thing that is longer is the stud... The actual mounting areas are the same. It gave me a little bit of trouble trying to drop the motor in but as far line up, there are no problems... I purchased another set to go in my other 91 auto.....

Bill UK

90 Supra Turbo 14 psi
Aug 11, 2006
UK
I did the same thing with the stock one`s, I needed to cut off the non-threaded part, and it gave me just enough clearance to drop the engine & trany back in.