MK4 NA Wheels

supramk3man

Supramania Contributor
Jun 26, 2005
kentucky
I have always ran na wheels on my mk3s. i normal put 225 50 16 front and 245 50 16 back i will try to post a few pics after while.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
^^same here.I like mine but I'm not the biggest fan of how they look but I think when I get a set of the wheels I want I will still keep these cause there good wheels and I love havin a pair of 16's around.Maybe I'll paint them.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
p1128961_1.jpg

225/45/16 fronts, 255/50/16 rears.

I dont like the tire setup right now with them, I am getting a little rubbing right now in the frontend and with such a large tire in the back I am getting heavy understeer, but for a drag setup, hard to beat.

Please note I dont have any wheelspacers in the frontend and my bilsteins are actually adjusted all the way up(which is still too low for me, I am almost riding bump stops)

Last edited:

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
buldozr;1128961 said:
p1128979_1.jpg

225/45/16 fronts, 255/50/16 rears.

I dont like the tire setup right now with them, I am getting a little rubbing right now in the frontend and with such a large tire in the back I am getting heavy understeer, but for a drag setup, hard to beat.

Please note I dont have any wheelspacers in the frontend and my bilsteins are actually adjusted all the way up(which is still too low for me, I am almost riding bump stops)

you are rubbing in the front? what are you using for suspension?

natedogr

Sep 12, 2006
Chatham, Va
i just bought a set too for $175 shipped! we sure did get some good deals on them. i plan on running 225/50 up front and 245/50 in the rear. i'll probably get some spacers too to make them flush with the fenders.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
jessetooslow;1128979 said:
you are rubbing in the front? what are you using for suspension?

Bilstein struts with the adjustable ride height(like mentioned, all the way up now), Eibach springs, stock sways and links. I am not sure if the Eibachs are just sagging but the front is crazy low, I wish I had a digital camera to show you the wheel gap. Lets just say I cant even get a jack under this thing.

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
buldozr;1128982 said:
Bilstein struts with the adjustable ride height(like mentioned, all the way up now), Eibach springs, stock sways and links. I am not sure if the Eibachs are just sagging but the front is crazy low, I wish I had a digital camera to show you the wheel gap. Lets just say I cant even get a jack under this thing.

right now I'm running H&R springs with no rub what so ever, I have a 17" wheels setup on now, I like the low look , so with the 16's it should be real low.

Last edited:

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
buldozr;1128982 said:

How much adjustability is their with the Bilstein adj. shocks, I thinking of buying those.

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
jessetooslow;1128984 said:
How much adjustability is their with the Bilstein adj. shocks, I thinking of buying those.

the height has three 'positions' in half inch increments. My tire would be touching the fenderwell if I dropped the full inch on the struts!

Keep in mind these are not 'adjustable' struts as far as valving in the strut cartridge, they only raise or lower the spring perch. These Bilsteins are rebuildable unlike other struts and the valving can be swapped out at time of rebuild(kinda like in nascar, they can swap the rates of compression and the like by increasing or decreasing the valving inside) Alot of roadcourse and AutoX guys like these if they are not allowed to run a full coilover in their class due to being able to change the valving and the consistency of the strut package.

jessetooslow

May 11, 2007
Tiverton, R.I.
buldozr;1128999 said:
the height has three 'positions' in half inch increments. My tire would be touching the fenderwell if I dropped the full inch on the struts!

Keep in mind these are not 'adjustable' struts as far as valving in the strut cartridge, they only raise or lower the spring perch. These Bilsteins are rebuildable unlike other struts and the valving can be swapped out at time of rebuild(kinda like in nascar, they can swap the rates of compression and the like by increasing or decreasing the valving inside) Alot of roadcourse and AutoX guys like these if they are not allowed to run a full coilover in their class due to being able to change the valving and the consistency of the strut package.

Do they mess with the spring rate, meaning when you lower it more can you tell with more of a bounce? or does it actually handle better? I've thought of getting those bilsteins.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Here is mine. I need a little drop and a front lip... :(

p1129006_1.jpg

EDIT: Forgot to add I have 225/50 on the front and 245/50 on the back.

Last edited:

buldozr

Jan 9, 2007
North Texas
jessetooslow;1129002 said:
Do they mess with the spring rate, meaning when you lower it more can you tell with more of a bounce? or does it actually handle better? I've thought of getting those bilsteins.

I really dont have anything to compare them to other than stock and due to my front eibachs being saggy and car riding on bumpstops, I cant say one way or the other. Also my mismatch tire widths make the car understeer like mad. Anyone selling any h&r springs??? :)

If I had to do it over, H&R springs, bilstein struts, ST sways, I would go with the 17" MkIV wheels and 245/45/17" tires front and rear(might have to space out the front and rear a bit and possibly roll the lips on the fender) Ulitmately I would be trying to get the car as neutral as possible, maybe a little oversteer but thats it.

aye mate

Hiatus over.
Mar 30, 2005
Maryland
I had mine powder coated semi-gloss black. Tires are 225/50 in front, 245/50 in the rear.

Attachments

• New wheels 007.jpg
    New wheels 007.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 25

YotaRob

U.S.Navy
Jun 18, 2008
Great Lakes
I got some, payed 400 but had brand new michilen tires on em and wheels are perfect, no curb damage at all. 225/50 front 245/50 rear stock size.
p1129103_1.jpg