mk4 drag crash

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
GrimJack;1488906 said:
Hmm... looks like Mike's white car crash... snapped an axle as I recall?

That is what my memory serves as well. I think this was one of the "unbreakables"

The first time they ever had car #1 out I was out with my car as well. I had them all the way just shy of the 60 ft. When all of a sudden I hear a rocket fly past =D.

Those boys can race and Anderson could drive. Mike knows some good suspension tweaks.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
92nsx;1488864 said:
+1. I bet it was back on the track the following week.

Actually it was back on the track the next day. We had one hell of a crew back then.

Raven97990;1488899 said:
Welcome to 2007 =D

I bet SupraCentral could share some AAP crash stories.. I know of a good one in Texas.

Don't even get me started on that one... Me, Yamil & Jim just about fucking killed Chris that night...

GrimJack;1488906 said:
Hmm... looks like Mike's white car crash... snapped an axle as I recall?

Yea, that's the one. The passenger side dog bone snapped and it transferred all 1400+ horses to the left rear tire. Son of a bitch just made a right turn into the wall. It's the bitch of racing on an independent rear (it was required for that racing class), there's only so much you can do to make it stronger.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
tissimo;1489168 said:
So I assume it has a spool then? Where you having problems with a TRD diff?

Welded factory diff. ;)

Breaking axles was always our biggest challenge. Lots of people told us we were "leaving too hard", but in the end we worked it out with the right shock settings and suspension tuning. Car's got some insanely fast 60' times for an independent rear with drag radials.