MK3 Supra vs Dodge SRT4

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
So here's a pretty cool video of my two buddies going at it last Saturday. Give it a Thumbs Up when ya watch it :)

[video=youtube;geWEq6LxZA8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geWEq6LxZA8[/video]

So here's the car specs

1990 Toyota Supra
Engine: 2.5l 1JZ-GTE Stock block and head
Turbo: Stock @ 18psi Holding
Exhaust: 3in Open downpipe
Intake: 3in
ECU: Mines with Apexi SAFC2
Boost Control: Turbo Smart MBC
Cooling: 3in radiator and 3in Intercooler/2.5in pipes with HKS SSQV4
Fuel: Aeromotive AFPR and Walbro 255lph
Transmission: Stock r154 with stage 3 ACT and DM lightweight flywheel

2005 Dodge SRT4
Engine: 2.4l Stock block and Head
Turbo: Stock @ 20psi dropping to 18psi
Exhaust: 3in Turbo Back (Greddy)
Intake: 3in Apexi
ECU: Stock but with a stage 2 flash and Tune
Boost Control: MBC
Cooling: Big front mount with 2.5in pipes and Greddy RS bov
Fuel: walbro 255lph and 780cc injectors on mixed E85 tune
Transmission:Stock with Short Throw and upgraded clutch

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Thumbs up for the decent footage (for a change ;) ), thumbs down for playing in traffic, a street with intersections, etc... you guys HAVE a track down there. Use it, please.

What do the cops say about the camera hanging off the side? :p

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
te72;1893227 said:
Thumbs up for the decent footage (for a change ;) ), thumbs down for playing in traffic, a street with intersections, etc... you guys HAVE a track down there. Use it, please.

What do the cops say about the camera hanging off the side? :p

I'm not sure the cops can say anything about gopro's but not sure.

What traffic ? :) those lights where the tree not intersections.

Although I can't control them from what they do I agree it is very unsafe and the stupidity factor but I can't deny I too have done my fair share.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Nice pull but.....not cool, gonna read about yall and the innocent bystanders in the "tragedy" section. Find an empty street at the least or as TE72 suggested, take it to the track.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Great video man, but I will say that I was involved in a street race with a friend (I wasn't driving and told him not to race with me in the car). To make a long story short, the car lost control going around a turn and we were headed of the road cliff side fortunate the car was stopped by a portion of guard rail. I found out recently another friend had a passenger in his car an was involve in the same type of accident on the exact same road. I am lucky to be alive. My other friend's passenger wasn't so lucky and died on impact...... Please play it safe.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
bhmsupra;1893259 said:
Nice pull but.....not cool, gonna read about yall and the innocent bystanders in the "tragedy" section. Find an empty street at the least or as TE72 suggested, take it to the track.

Lets hope that never happens to them or anyone.

T3rril79;1893272 said:
Wow the supra had zero remorse for the srt-4. I thought it would be closer until they both shifted.

Yeah the Supra had longer gears and just comes alive near redline

MkIII FTW;1893278 said:
Great video man, but I will say that I was involved in a street race with a friend (I wasn't driving and told him not to race with me in the car). To make a long story short, the car lost control going around a turn and we were headed of the road cliff side fortunate the car was stopped by a portion of guard rail. I found out recently another friend had a passenger in his car an was involve in the same type of accident on the exact same road. I am lucky to be alive. My other friend's passenger wasn't so lucky and died on impact...... Please play it safe.

I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are okay.

Racing near turns is never a good idea. But I guess racing on a street is also not.

MkIII FTW

Aug 31, 2009
Huntsville
Turbo Habanero;1893285 said:
I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm glad you are okay.

Racing near turns is never a good idea. But I guess racing on a street is also not.

Well if sharing that story means that it can help prevent something like that happening to anyone else. I will share it every time. Call it a personal vendetta, but I would hate to see a member of this forum to be seriously injured or worse because of a street race...

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Yeah brotha.. good run but bad move in that much traffic.. all you need is one innocent person to get nervous and the rest is history.. find an open road or highway and pick a later time of night. I think we have a unanimous voice heard in this thread, play it safe ;)

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've probably street raced as much as anyone on here, I've been doing it for sixty years, but even I know better than to do it with hard working people trying to get home to their kids on both sides of you. Waaay too much traffic to be racing...............plus, it's a freaking neon. Seriously? Gas is four dollars a gallon for premium. Just tell him he'd lose and leave it at that.........lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Should try 3-4am sometime Jordan, if you really must do it on the street. I used to cruise to work at 130 when I had the SS, the freeways are EMPTY. Plus, no intersections on freeways. ;)

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
te72;1894263 said:
Should try 3-4am sometime Jordan, if you really must do it on the street. I used to cruise to work at 130 when I had the SS, the freeways are EMPTY. Plus, no intersections on freeways. ;)

I agree Brad there is better roads and times to do what was done.

Plus your used to Phoenix. Which is a bit different then Tucson in my opinion we don't have the highways Phoenix does. We have one i10 which is covered by DPS cops.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I kid I kid..............lol

I have been doing it for about 20 years.................coincidently, that's when I bought my first supra. It was a 1983 mkii, but I still beat the brakes off of that little 5mge.........lol

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Turbo Habanero;1894505 said:
Plus your used to Phoenix. Which is a bit different then Tucson in my opinion we don't have the highways Phoenix does. We have one i10 which is covered by DPS cops.
All the more reason to get the F out of Tucsuck. Mt Lemmon is honestly the only reason I can see any appeal to the place...