Mk3 supra MAF and SAFC tuning

letitride4life

Feb 23, 2010
kansas
Hey everyone i am very new to the supra world and have just sold my nissan 240sx and got a mk3 supra turbo. I just got it running and i am having some problems with the Apexi SAFC and the Ls 400 MAF. i honeslty have no clue how to tune the Safc and really just want to remove my LS400 Maf and find someone to buy it or trade i just want to be able to enjoy the supra and actually drive it and have it run properly.

if you know anything about tuning for stock injectors and ls400 maf let me know i have spend 6 hours or more researching and cannot find out how to do it.

so please help me.

my email is Lespauljammer@hotmail.com

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
Does the car have 550cc injectors? If not you need to get rid of that LS400 maf and get a stock one. Thats the first step.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
The SAFC is their to help you tune the car properly, witht he 550's and the Lexus MAF you technically are in the same area of air and fule but just on a larger volume since your injectors are larger and so is your aif flow sensor. Now you need the SAFC to help you tune it in for the right ratio for A/F.. I take it you have a wideband also?

Archon

Mar 6, 2008
Russia
www.200mph.ru
oldsking

I have wideband and EGT gauges.
I understand that with SAFC I can tune A/F better. But I'm interested is car runs well without SAFC? Or using SAFC or something same is necessary?

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Running the Lex AFM with stock 440's can be done, it just requires tuning.. If you don't have a wideband or know what you're doing (which you obviously don't since you said it yourself) take the car to someone who does know what they're doing.

Like already stated, you need 550 injectors to run the lex AFM without the SAFC or you need to tune the afc.

I'd just find a stock AFM if I were you. They should be pretty easy and cheap to find.

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
I am actual;y looking fo rthe lex afm and have my stock unit i will trade. pm me for me details also include a pic of your afm if possible and we can work something out

letitride4life

Feb 23, 2010
kansas
Sorry guys i completely forgot about this thread , i fixed the car, my gas tank had rust in it clogging the fuel pump so it wouldn't run right, thank you for the input but i have it fixed now

Please answer this,

"How do you tune an SAFC with 550cc injectors and the MAF?"
or
What are the steps 1-10 on how to tune with an SAFC and Wideband?

My car drives like crap hitting fuel cut because I cant get the tune right at higher rpms because I am not going to HOLD my throttle at 5,000 rpms for 20 seconds to get the Wideband o2 gauge to tell me its running a 12 A/f ratio at each RPM.

Problem... When I set my a/f % at a certain rpm on the controller, a minute later, the car evens out and changes the a/f ratio.

example, I set the a/f ratio % on the SAFC to +22%, and the A/f ratio is at 12... a minute later, after reving the engine, the car will be at a/f ratio 10 and extremely rich!

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
You need to see if your car is running right with everything neutral, bypass, or off.
22 is quite an adjustment to be making.
Do you have the LexAFM and fuel pump?

You can try the Gain Adjustment worksheet in my sig with your wideband logs.