Mk3 performance shop in tampa?

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows a good repectible toyota shop or mk3 performance shop in tampa florida, my friend needs some head work done (cams and bearings). if anyone knows a good place please feel free to post

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Yea.... imma gonna have to pass on F&H. Thoses people have casused nothing but trouble for my friend with his supra. he spent a lot of money on a "rebuilt motor" but it doesnt take no more than a few weeks and he already has problems with his car and everytime he goes back they forget he spent a shit load of money overthere already and yet they treat him like shit. So im bashing them for being scam artists and sorry ass mechanics. i wouldnt let them change the oil on my damn go kart.

F&H Performance = Epic Fail!!!!

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
Does anyone have any input on RX Performance that have had there personal cars worked on there?

RX Performance tampa fl 33607

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Yeah, I've heard mixed stories about F&H.... I personally have never delt with them as I wont let anyone touch my car except for a few close friends and thats it....

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Unless you have first hand experience with F&H gtfo, they have been very helpful to me and are willing to talk to me on the phone and give advice and offer help, etc. I don't give a shit about "your friends" crap.

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
7Mboost;1267520 said:
Unless you have first hand experience with F&H gtfo, they have been very helpful to me and are willing to talk to me on the phone and give advice and offer help, etc. I don't give a shit about "your friends" crap.

oh what the hell ever man i saw it first hand. fernado talks about how he needs this and he needs that.... man they are a bunch of scam artist.

i tell you what it doesnt cause more then 8k to rebuild a 7mgte and yet my friend walks out with a bill for 12k and he still has stock interals with a stock ct26. the only upgrades he got were a stage 2 clutch, 1 piece driveshaft and none working gauge pod. shit after the "rebuild" he had to go back to them for a oil pump and new rods. and now he has bad lifters? oh yea there good alright.:nono:

and for the record i know my friend is a dumbass for spending that much but it still shows F&H are all about money not customers. and idk about the phone stuff ethier cause i called there one time curious if they or any of there customers had a mk3 for sale and that i had 4k to buy, all they did was ask me for my name and number and said we'll check and call you back. i never heard back from them.

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
chris_2jz;1267558 said:
oh what the hell ever man i saw it first hand. fernado talks about how he needs this and he needs that.... man they are a bunch of scam artist.

i tell you what it doesnt cause more then 8k to rebuild a 7mgte and yet my friend walks out with a bill for 12k and he still has stock interals with a stock ct26. the only upgrades he got were a stage 2 clutch, 1 piece driveshaft and none working gauge pod. shit after the "rebuild" he had to go back to them for a oil pump and new rods. and now he has bad lifters? oh yea there good alright.:nono:

supras dont have lifters....they have buckets....and they dont go bad.

Bucsfanatic59

Apr 18, 2005
clearwater, fl
chris_2jz;1267052 said:
Yea.... imma gonna have to pass on F&H. Thoses people have casused nothing but trouble for my friend with his supra. he spent a lot of money on a "rebuilt motor" but it doesnt take no more than a few weeks and he already has problems with his car and everytime he goes back they forget he spent a shit load of money overthere already and yet they treat him like shit. So im bashing them for being scam artists and sorry ass mechanics. i wouldnt let them change the oil on my damn go kart.

F&H Performance = Epic Fail!!!!

I dont know exactly what happened with your friends car. I can tell you this, they aren't scam artists, and the customer service is unbeatable. They are so more than willing to work with people....I've stored a car there for over a year because I didnt have the money to finish a build, and they've done nothing but work with me.I cant remember how many times they've given me or others parts they just had laying around to get our cars running. From what it sounds like, you don't know shit about these cars anyways...I'd love to see receipts for 12k for this "rebuild", because im calling bullshit......

Are you really going to cry about calling them wanting a mk3 and they didnt call you back? The shop gets tons of calls with people wanting these cars and 95% of the time they dont have the money. Fernando is always very helpful in finding a car for someone when they are looking for one.

PS. Sorry ass mechanics build sorry ass 814hp 7m's btw..Sorry ass mechanics build 500+hp 7m's with stock internals and 160,000 miles....You sir, are a tool. Go buy a civic because it sounds like you would fit in perfectly with those jackasses..

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
yea wtf. your right i am a noob when it comes to supras. only reason i said lifters is because some other manchanic called that one out. and im only stating the obvious and you friend are welcome to send me your email address and i will TRY to send you a pic of the receipt. and i'd rather walk then drive a civic.

also on top of everything else. if there so good then why is it that when i call asking about getting my timing belt done on my 88 camry they said it calls for 4-5hrs but when i do it myself i get it done in 2?

I DONT have any personal experiences with these people and you and my friend have OBVIOUSLY different experiences but im just calling them out on THIER BS. just cause your swing from there nuts doesnt mean every one is.

Anyways all im saying is that i know of a bad experience myself and i dont care for F&H thats all there is to it. all i wanna know is if there is any other shops in tampa that deal with toyotas. And if i can ill be more then willing to see if i can post up the reciept this is experience.

Last edited:

Orion ZyGarian

Jeff Lange wannabe
Apr 2, 2005
Sarasota, FLorida
www.suprastore.com
I dont really want to take sides since I've never been there myself, but again, I've heard nothing but good things from them.

Belts on Camrys are much worse than many other cars. Have you worked for a shop before? Customers are charged on how much time "the book" says, not how long it takes. "The book" is based off of the time it takes to complete a job from start to finish 100% "properly" with any little details that most pass over--but arent completely necessary either. For instance, exact torque specs and angles for each and every bolt, among other things.

There's so many other things that go on in a shop as well. There's drama, delay in getting parts, delay in finishing cars, order of working on cars getting jumbled for stupid management reasons, unforeseen problems arising in completing a car ("we cant put this coolant back in this car...its a chocolate milkshake!" or "I heard some RPM-based knocking behind that waterfall in the dash as I was driving it in"), stress, etc. etc.

I'm staying neutral here, just informing.

F&H Performance

Feb 23, 2006
Tampa
Thanks to those who support us, and as for the mystery poster and his friend you can call the shop if you'd like to work this out if not then I'm sorry you feel the way you do. And for the record I know that your buddy didn't get charged 12k for a rebuild. We've built many motors and have yet to have such accusations made about us.

Last edited:

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
^ I talked to my boy and told him to go back to you guys cause you were the last to work on his car. but refuses, he doesnt wanna relive the experience. im sure you guys know who he is. black 88 supra he got the shell from you guys, chrome rims? anyways if you guys can give me your side of that story then ill would love to hear about it.

F&H Performance

Feb 23, 2006
Tampa
All I can say is that before he got the car we drove it several times and it ran great and that he left the shop happy and very grateful for the work and letting him pay as we went.if he had an issue and came back I would've been more than happy to help him, he definatley should've come back if he had an issue due to something we did I would've taken care of it. Like I said before I'm truly sorry if he feels we mistreated him at any point.

chris_2jz

Feb 17, 2009
tampa
well i feel like i owe you guys at F&H an apology, seem like you are concerned, anyways i doubt he'll go back even though he needs head work on his supra but what ever thats his lose. anyways can you recommend a different shop to him since he dont wanna go back.