MK3 on a rotisserie

wesbeech

Beech Performance Motorsports
Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
Well i finaly got my car on the rotisserie so i can do all the work on the body and strip the under coating off and shit like that. Tomorrow il post a video of me spinning the car.

p1117836_1.jpg

p1117836_2.jpg

p1117836_3.jpg

wesbeech

Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
RazoE;1117872 said:
put in a harness and charge for rides..!

I wanna put my racing seat and 5 point in it im just scared if shit hits the fan.

4U2QUIK;1117903 said:
wow, that's a scary looking rotisserie.

My buddies dad made it for his old caddy but it works great when he did it he didnt center the car so he needed a cumalong to spin it but i got it almost perfect so it goes by hand nice and easy.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I usually see much older cars on rotisseries, but I guess. Older cars usually need new floor/trunk pans and such. That's why they're on them. Why are you stipping the undercoating?

Ok, what I'm trying to say is...
1. Your supra is in such good shape why would you strip it down to that extent? No new sheetmetal going in.

2. Usually that how vehicles with any value are professionally restored. Most people wouldn't waste their valuable man hours with a $4200 car trying to do that. If you're going to sell this car I doubt someone is going to pay an extra $15+ grand for this service. Kinda pointless.

Last edited:

wesbeech

Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
Suprapowaz!(2);1138236 said:
I usually see much older cars on rotisseries, but I guess. Older cars usually need new floor/trunk pans and such. That's why they're on them. Why are you stipping the undercoating?

Ok, what I'm trying to say is...
1. Your supra is in such good shape why would you strip it down to that extent? No new sheetmetal going in.

2. Usually that how vehicles with any value are professionally restored. Most people wouldn't waste their valuable man hours with a $4200 car trying to do that. If you're going to sell this car I doubt someone is going to pay an extra $15+ grand for this service. Kinda pointless.

Three reasons

1. i welded in the rollcage which started lots of fires with the undercoating so that needed fixed.

2. The car had lots of parts where it had scraped the ground and taken some off and a little rust was starting.

3. Some jack ass before me kacked it up in all the bad blaces and smashed it up so im pulling all that back out and boxing in thoses sections and stiffing it up.

This car is about 75% race car and 20% street car so i want everything done right. And i am never selling it but what you claim the car is worth wont even cover the chassis work let alone the over 10k ill have in the motor and drive train.

wesbeech

Feb 26, 2006
Akron Ohio
pnutcar;1138324 said:
Looks good! More pics of cage please? Im still on the fence, but leaning towards no cage, since mine is 95% street.

Sure ill post some more soon you could also do just like a 4 point or 66 point roll bar. And i for got to say earler i have over 5k in the chassis and it is nhra legil to go 150+ and 8.5 in the 1/4

DL.

Fast
Sep 12, 2005
SE Wisconsin
wesbeech;1138565 said:
Sure ill post some more soon you could also do just like a 4 point or 66 point roll bar. And i for got to say earler i have over 5k in the chassis and it is nhra legil to go 150+ and 8.5 in the 1/4

Have you actually had it certified?