Mk3 oil pressure sender/warning light

TBS

Feb 3, 2011
Oslo
Hello

I'm in the middle of a 2jz swap in my mk3 supra, and I have a few questions...

Doesnt the mk3 supra have a ''oil level warning light'' in the instrument panel, or any oil warning lights at all? Is that the reason they have the oil pressure gauge in there?

I bought a Used 2JZ-->MK3 engine harness from a user in here, and cant find the connector for the oil level switch on the 2jz oil pan, may that be because of my previous question?

Thanks..

S-mk3-B

Feb 21, 2013
San Francisco
Not sure, but I have an 89 and it's just an oil pressure gauge, no light. And im not too familiar with the 2jz, but since they are in the MK4 and they are of newer production years. I think they do have a low oil sensor/light that the MK3 does not have.

TBS

Feb 3, 2011
Oslo
S-mk3-B;1938659 said:
Oh okay, that's good to know. It may help if you could tell us the year of your car

Yes, Thank you guys, My car is 89'! So i guess i dont have any oil warning lights then :)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Neither my '89 NA nor the '90 turbo has such a light factory. I believe that JZA70s do because the 1JZ-GTE has the switch for it. I have never heard of an oil level switch in a 7M, but to be fair, my paper TSRM is the same as the on-line TSRM, which is for 1990.

My spare engine (7M-GTE) was from -92 and it has a oil level sensor in oil pan. Also I hava a gauge cluster from the same -92 7M mk3 and it has the oil level warning light. There are some small differences in US and Europe models....... so maby in -92 mk3 the oil level warning light was mostly in Euro models..... who knows.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I added a low oil pressure switch to my block, so that it'll light up any time i fall below 5psi.

p1939466_1.jpg

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
Nice. What's the part number for that sender unit, and does it thread into an existing port, or do you need to do something to make it work? (I hope to God that I never need such a setup, but I would probably be willing to put it in place to avoid needing to tear out my engine.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Wells PS123, used on roughly a kajillion cars.
Cost about $8 shipped from Ebay, and threads right in.
I plan to install a single red led into the face of the oil pressure gauge, inline with a small
Beeper, also mounted into the gauge cluster.

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
You can wire up the low oil sender to a light. Might be nice to know early in case your oil pan gets punctured or you get some major leak that drops your oil level fast.