MK3 Front End Convertion to MK2

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Tanya;1660504 said:
I wish people would stop destroying mk2s. I applaud the effort in which it took to mold the more rounder mk3 front end on, but seriously, piss off. Mk2s are rare enough as it is without people wanting to deface the already sexy, graceful, intimidating front end of the car with other cars' noses. It's like putting Barbara Streisands nose on Michael Jackson's face. :3d_frown:

I agree that MK2 now a days has become a vary rare car to find, as the MK3 and by that I mean both in very good condition.
In some way I agree with Tanya about the this supra but with out a doubt they did a amazing job on the car all it needs is a new paint job and new color. I also love that the car is RHD.

jester1341

topless and blown
Mar 30, 2005
Western Maryland
Not only is that car yellow, it's two different shades yellow! :puke:

I think the mkiii with a mkii front end would be interesting, but I am NOT volunteering!

Arn't those lip flare a shineautoproject piece?

John

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Zumtizzle;1660823 said:
I Like It.

First Nice Looking MK2 Ever! ;)

Famous last words..............It is now Tanya's sole mission in life to hang you up by your penis and slowly rip the skin off of your flesh while keeping you alive as long as possible to feel as much pain as you can between black outs.

Greek

May 20, 2010
Ohio
It definitely took me a few seconds to figure out what the fuck the OP was trying to show with the picture. Then I looked towards the rear of the car. Not a huge fan of how it was done and the color, but Goddamn it was done well.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Tanya;1660504 said:
I wish people would stop destroying mk2s. I applaud the effort in which it took to mold the more rounder mk3 front end on, but seriously, piss off. Mk2s are rare enough as it is without people wanting to deface the already sexy, graceful, intimidating front end of the car with other cars' noses. It's like putting Barbara Streisands nose on Michael Jackson's face. :3d_frown:
Thought they made no less than 4 million Mk2's though? Or was it the Mk3 that had the most sales? I forget...

Zumtizzle;1660823 said:
I Like It.

First Nice Looking MK2 Ever! ;)

You... take that back. Now. :p

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
suprahero;1660829 said:
Famous last words..............It is now Tanya's sole mission in life to hang you up by your penis and slowly rip the skin off of your flesh while keeping you alive as long as possible to feel as much pain as you can between black outs.

HAHAHA:rofl:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
te72;1660898 said:
Thought they made no less than 4 million Mk2's though? Or was it the Mk3 that had the most sales? I forget...

First year of the MKIII is the highest. Also, as time goes on, less and less of the cars are on the road, they rust away, get in wrecks, or are just scrapped when they stop running. Makes them much more rare in relation to MKIII's and even MKIV's at this point.

Suprizim TT

Apr 26, 2008
Los Angeles
Poodles;1660918 said:
First year of the MKIII is the highest. Also, as time goes on, less and less of the cars are on the road, they rust away, get in wrecks, or are just scrapped when they stop running. Makes them much more rare in relation to MKIII's and even MKIV's at this point.

I agree 100% with this^^^ Even if you look on craigslist well here in Cali. a lot of the supra's need work a lot of work, and yet there value of price doesn't go down.
Are beloved supra's are being extinct real slowly :3d_frown:

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
RazoE;1659944 said:
I like it, but I would have used a pre 89 front, even though I love 89+s alot more..

hvyman;1659960 said:
Close but not the same.

I like but i think id have to agree with razoe with the 87 bumper.

IJ.;1659989 said:

This was the FIRST thing that came to mind when I saw the pic. The pre 89 front end is A LOT more similar to the mk2's front end than the post 89. Props to the craftsmanship, but the conversion is fugly as shit imo...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1660918 said:

Makes sense. Kinda feel bad for letting mine sit in storage all this time. Maybe a full restoration is in order if I ever get the urge to build another Supra...

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
Nice. Not "pure".... but nice.

It's pretty much the same with all cars... the first year sales are the largest for a new body style... then things taper off.