MK3 built but no BOOST help please

Venomstreetmach

Jun 15, 2008
Texas
Hi everyone.
This is my situation;
I just rebuilt my 7MGTE. all new internals ! Port and polished head, Titan 2mmHG
stock intake, Turbo XS exhaust manifold with a Super T4 and external Tial wastegate, HKS FMIC,Titan motorsports Downpipe straight through exhaust 2.5 inch. Stock injectors, walbro 255 fuel pump. EGR block off. Stock MAF. Turbo XS BOV. electric waterpump.Fidanza Cam Gears.

Idles and runs good but I'm not getting any boost at all.
Couldnt detect any leaks. When I stomp on it and release the throttle I should hear a swooooosh sound !I dont. I checked the turbo, wheel spins freely.
I had a CT26 on it but it had shaft play so I replaced it with a super T4, bigger turbine and compressor... I want more boost !
I hooked up the new gauges and I see vacuum being pulled but when i take off, its not boosting: no reading on the boost side ! Not feeling any boost either.
Any ideas? anyone got a similar setup that could shed light on the matter?
Thanks for reading

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
There's this guy who I think lives out near you who you should meet up with... Name's Eric.... real genius.... several doctorates, best friends with god and all that... he'll help.

Venomstreetmach

Jun 15, 2008
Texas
IJ.;1496732 said:
No gun jumping please give the thread a chance ;)

I bought this car from a guy named Eric. Had a messed up motor !
That bastard told me it had all this cool stuff in it, it didnt ! I know I over paid for it ! too embarrased to say how much I paid.:: angry :::: angry :::: angry ::
It ran rough as hell, quite fast though ! Then it started knocking real bad and found saw dust in the crankcase and the radiator had been filled with liquid glass or something...
Anyway, Ipulled that shitbox out of there and rebuilt my own by taking it to a machine shop to get it done right.
I really got screwed on the car ! But my friend and I are trying to get it right !

It does have a nice suspension and brake package strut tower bars and stabilizers and all new neoprene bushings. Also has what looks like a CUSCO knock off rear end,A bunch of Ebay shit parts. Tokico adjustable shocks with stock springs.

The engine work looked pretty, thought it was powdercoated... yeah right ! Spray can crap. I do have to admit, The body is perfect ! It does have a nice paintjob ! the interior is nice, the 5 speed gearbox is nice and had a fidanza clutch. APEXI SAFC was hooked up wrong. i was also told it had 1000cc injectors and a AEM standalone... Bullshit. Its all stock.
I am pretty pissed but since i got the car I cant get a hold of the guy !
I dont understand... He did a great job on my silver supra...

Anyway, this is a little history on the car. Trust me, it looks a lot meaner than it is !
Was anyone able to help me with my boost issues? I'm not really a mechanic but I know a little bit about cars. Please help guys... I really want to get this car going right !

turbo87targa

Nov 10, 2006
colorado springs
Well I'm not much of a mechanic myself, so I can't offer any reasons as to why your not getting boost, but stock injectors don't do well with aftermarket turbos...you'll prolly run extremely lean. I'd think you should upgrade the injectors before you really want it boosting with that turbo.

pln

Get the gate!
Apr 10, 2007
eskilstuna.SWEDEN
I would not be worried about running lean. You will hit fuel cut before that happens. 2 things I would target on. Since you can hear no swooshing sound when you lift off throttle, likely you cant have any pressure in ic pipe. Either you have a leak in ic pipe (and they can be damn hard to find) or the wastegate is not working proparbly (not staying shut). These are the 2 first thing I would rule out before proceeding searching for errors.

asinoutcast

Nov 17, 2008
san francisco
pln;1496995 said:
I would not be worried about running lean. You will hit fuel cut before that happens. 2 things I would target on. Since you can hear no swooshing sound when you lift off throttle, likely you cant have any pressure in ic pipe. Either you have a leak in ic pipe (and they can be damn hard to find) or the wastegate is not working proparbly (not staying shut). These are the 2 first thing I would rule out before proceeding searching for errors.

do what this man said!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
My 2jz'ed 89 had that issue when the guy bought it from me. We found out after working on it that it was the wastegate spring. Check it to see if it is stuck. If that is not it, check your TPS. My 87 gte we got running today has a similar issue. If you blip the throttle she stumbles hard, and wont go over 2K rpm. Throwing code 41 - definitely TPS related.