MK3 and MK4 Supra PS2 Games

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Like a lot of supra owners I love playing racing games with Supra's, I play a lot of them on my PS2. I like the NFS Underground and Most Wanted series for thier MK4 racing and customizing, where besides south florida can you take on porsches, lambo's, etc in an mk4?, I also play GT addiciting to the point of I have every color mk3 and mk4 and doubles of many, mk2's, most of the colors, a lot of sc300 turboed and even 4 of the turbo A mk3s rare in life as well as in GT4, Oh i have skylines and vettes but I love my supra's. Another off the wall game not as mainstream is tokyo extreme racer 3 and tokyo racer zero, both are very fun, long though and tons of cars from japan, US and europe, but one of few games with the mk3, mk4 and a lot of other cool cars, tokyo racer zero is older with not so good graphics compared to 3, however zero has the 3.0gt turbo mk3, 2.5tt mk3, and the non widebody 1ggte mk3, as well as mk4 tt, na, and TRD. I reccommend any and all of these games, they are addicitng but fun when its too wet to go race for real, LOL :)

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Is that a new one, I have tokyo racer 3 and it has a 1jz mk3 the first game had several mk3's. Good game I think and for 20 bucks ya cant go wrong prolly 10 these days with ps3 peeking over the hedge.

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
i play gt4 a lot... the mk2 supra p-type (called celica xx2800 or sumthin like that in the game) handle's like it's on rails... there's also a turbo-a supra on gt4, along w/ the 1jz mk3

demolisher

Apr 16, 2005
Medicine hat alberta
Dam the GT game. I use mk 3 and mk 4 supras. with 400 hp, no traction,etc. They burn out constantly. I know if I had a wheel/pedals, I could bring their full potential out. What really makes me mad is cars like the rx-7 with 400 hp never burn out or anything. Wtf?

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
89jdm7m said:
i play gt4 a lot... the mk2 supra p-type (called celica xx2800 or sumthin like that in the game) handle's like it's on rails... there's also a turbo-a supra on gt4, along w/ the 1jz mk3

technically, it would be the "MkII L-type" as the Celica XX never did get wheel flares. And it really pisses me off that the Toyota 2000GT can be turbocharged, yet the Celica XX cannot be :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

p218480_1.jpg

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
Tanya said:
technically, it would be the "MkII L-type" as the Celica XX never did get wheel flares. And it really pisses me off that the Toyota 2000GT can be turbocharged, yet the Celica XX cannot be :icon_mad: :icon_mad: :icon_mad:

p218502_1.jpg

Word. But you gotta admit the 2kgt is a well balenced and fun to drive car.. But still a turbo mk2 woulda been sweet.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
trydrew said:
Word. But you gotta admit the 2kgt is a well balenced and fun to drive car.. But still a turbo mk2 woulda been sweet.

Oh yeah, maxed out the GT at 190+mph before I eventually lost interest in the entire game. The old '67 Yota put a lot of whoopin on some new cars

Wills7MGTE

( . )( . )'s RULE!!!!
May 12, 2006
Jackson, MO
www.myspace.com
Yea, theres a real Turbo A anyone know how it differes from the American Export model, they both run 7M's. The mk4 is good traction till around 600hp as far as I have played, but yea 500hp in the mk3 and u break lose every gear. Kinda dumb game glitch I believe, my 390 hp turbo integra doesnt do that even though it should. same for my Camaro SS it hooks fine so ther GT4 people need to actually put some reasearch into thier stuff.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Wills7MGTE said:
Yea, theres a real Turbo A anyone know how it differes from the American Export model, they both run 7M's. The mk4 is good traction till around 600hp as far as I have played, but yea 500hp in the mk3 and u break lose every gear. Kinda dumb game glitch I believe, my 390 hp turbo integra doesnt do that even though it should. same for my Camaro SS it hooks fine so ther GT4 people need to actually put some reasearch into thier stuff.

I don't have this traction issue with my supras. I think you need to set up your cars better :]

Fuzz420

Are U Here 2 take My Baby
I just bought gt4 , 2 weeks ago, 20 bucks well spent.

I do agree nething over 400hp or so and the mk3's get no traction.But my Turbo A is low 600's, no traction till 4 gear.My mk4 has 800 and doesnt get traction till the top of 3rd.I boutght a skyline 96 limited(r33) it fairs better with traction, but i cant get it to handle the corners like my mk4 :dunno:But i think i can get it tweaked out, but i may buy another one (r34).

Last nite i bought a ford gt-40 and built motor and all the goodie, but they wouldnt let me supercharge it. The sucker flys but its like turning a brick.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
you guys need to tune your cars better. I don't know why you're having traction issues. turn on the TCS or modulate the throttle better. cant really compare the skyline though. it is AWD... but still the supra will do just fine if you can set it up good.

My Supras are set up really well. I can run tsukuba in around the 48second range.

Who else likes tsukuba? we should set up a challenge...

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
OneJoeZee said:
you guys need to tune your cars better. I don't know why you're having traction issues. turn on the TCS or modulate the throttle better. cant really compare the skyline though. it is AWD... but still the supra will do just fine if you can set it up good.

My Supras are set up really well. I can run tsukuba in around the 48second range.

Who else likes tsukuba? we should set up a challenge...

I'm not a big fan of that track. I was able to get down to 1'03.239 with the stock 1997 Supra RZ and with the driving aids (ASM/TCS) turned off.

I like Nurburgring :)

1TuffSupra

Sho' Nuff
Jul 11, 2005
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
OneJoeZee said:
that game is bullshit though.

yeah, but its only 11 bux dude. Its good for killing a few hrs ya know.

I love the nurnburgring too! My favorite track, I always run all of my cars w/o any drivers aids so with me it is all about feathering the throttle. but with the ring if i let a tire hit the grass its a rap im heading towards the wall. I just wish I knew more about suspension tuning so I could set the cars up the way I want to.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
well at the very least, your suspension for the ring will be different than almost every other track. you have to lighten up on the dampening or you'll be all over the place... most of the city courses are like this as well, just not as extreme.

Road courses are much more even and forgiving. My suspension is super stiff there.

Troyota

I Love What You Do For Me
Jul 28, 2005
Roswell NM
El Capitan is pretty rough too...I've learned to like that track though after running the endurance race on it. Endurance races are the best way to learn a given course. That's how I've memorized most of the courses from the previous games.

On a side not, I hate how all FWD and AWD cars save the Lancer Evo's handle. They understeer too much. I guess I've just gotten used to the FR and MR handling and get dissapointed when a vehicle doesn't respond to my inputs like I like. That's why I can't stand the Skyline GT-R's in game. Although you can't compete w/ the launch of an AWD car. My friends and I will set a challenge where you have say 150,000 credits to spend on a car, any car you choose as long as you stay within budget and we run them against each other. My 606 HP JZA70 was undefeated until my friend whipped out his Evo VIII RS and spanked me. They all chose AWD cars except me so they would kill me on the launch, and I'd just real them in. :)

demolisher

Apr 16, 2005
Medicine hat alberta
See, theres a point to turning off the traction control cuz thats cheating. Unless u have a wheel/pedals, its hard to use 800 hp rwd cars, especially with sports tires which are the only tires u can use in 2 player.
Yeah and wats with the evo, honestly that car has insane handling and grip.