Mk3 2jz throttle cable

ghynes440

May 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hey guys so I bought the throttle cable for a mk4 to put on my 88 supra. The problem is at the gas pedal, the blue clip it came with doesnt clip in all the way and just falls right out. I tried searching for it but haven't found anyone else having this problem? If anyone can help me out id appreciate it.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Do you have a picture? My 2JZ cable is definitely a bit loose at the pedal, but doesn't fall out.

ghynes440

May 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I can get a picture of the cable. Do you have the blue clip that connects into the pedal bracket? I compared it to the old 7' cable and it's definitely a little shorter on the clip part.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
I'll get one tomorrow, weather permitting. Looking at it last night it appears to be a rubber stopper capped by some metal. Behind that I couldn't see, but felt like something was behind the rubber.

I'm glad you made this thread though. I didn't realize how loose it was till I looked last night.

ghynes440

May 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
image.jpgimage.jpg

There is the comparison. The blue clip is the new one, the other is the old 7m cable. Not sure if you can tell from the photo but the white clip has a longer flat surface then the blue one.

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Mine's the same. It's definitely a bit loose though. Maybe I'm an idiot, but I can't find a way to tighten it

rhs

Sep 21, 2014
Dallas
Not sure how ghetto you're willing to go, but you could probably get a large washer, drill some holes in it, then put it on the end of that metal cap with some zipties threaded through the holes and around the mounting plate.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Won't help your current situation, but a 92-96 Camry 4-cyl throttle cable is just a junkyard away and lines up perfectly with a mk3/JZ setup.