Minnesota Supra Meet! 5/15/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
dan, i believe it was rob's burnout that covered you with rubber:burnout:
it was a great time, still cant believe the trans is working now, went from not shifting properly and slipping to running perfectly. thought i was gonna have to trailer it home for a while there.

still gonna swap it as soon as i have the r154 rebuilt.... cant wait for those gears doward made.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
thats what i want to get eventually...but theres a lot more reading to do on that before i go that route...i think ill stay auto till i can afford a cheap w58

do you need to swap anything besides the cross member for a w58? (obviously clutch and all that stuff is a given)

thats a pretty sick ass burn out if you can shit rubber all over someone like that LMAO

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Both ;) ...I also seem to think there was a picture of the rubber sticking to Rob's mudflap/rocker too. That whole day was full of win.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Steve: Agreed, It sure looks like a better turn out this year though. Hope it doesn't rain. Maybe we can get SupraSport to offer 10% off all parts bought that day?? I bought a bunch of stuff last year.

We still haven't got the wiper situation fixed yet. Might need you to tweak it. Sean has the interior pretty much in and the gauges nearly set. Turbo will be showing up next week.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
toyotanos;1551148 said:
Both ;) ...I also seem to think there was a picture of the rubber sticking to Rob's mudflap/rocker too. That whole day was full of win.

I don't know where the pics of Dan's car (and head) are. I haven't seen them but I know some one took pics.

There is still tons of rubber on the inside of my rear wheel wells

DSC00105.JPG

DSC00104.JPG

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
ya, rob is running better rubber than me, my tires are so hard that they dont throw rubber.... or grip the road for that matter, but man do they smoke!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
^^^ Yep very true. That is one good thing about your tires, TONS of smoke, very quick. (looks dam cool too) At least they don't ware down to fast after smokey burn outs !!!

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Mr.Yuk;1556207 said:
Rob, You gonna be able to make it this year with the new jobby-job?

I could but, and a huge but ........................ Im sure pecker head Sean will be there and I want nothing to do with him or his child hood actions and typing. If you want to go hundo, you are more then welcome to take the slow-pra or caddy. Just let me know so I can fill it up with some high octane and a good cleaning. They both need to get some good burn outs ;)

Hundo: BTW My phone went poof so I lost your #, call or txt me so I have your # again. There is no saving my old phone :cry:

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Rob, I have tried the "old uncle to nephew" talk regarding his abrasive attitude and his need to judge others, but it has had little affect. You would think he would leave it alone but he seems quick to try to slam anyone with a different view.
I too would hate to see you not come because of him. He will be there as he works for SS. I vote for coming and bringing along Figge. I would like to meet him.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
leecheater;1556689 said:
I too would hate to see you not come because of him.

+1.

A little prick? Yes

A reason to skip a Supra meet? No

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

92nsx;1556255 said:
My phone went poof so I lost your #, call or txt me so I have your # again. There is no saving my old phone :cry:

320-980-3756

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
leecheater;1556689 said:
Rob, I have tried the "old uncle to nephew" talk regarding his abrasive attitude and his need to judge others, but it has had little affect. You would think he would leave it alone but he seems quick to try to slam anyone with a different view.
I too would hate to see you not come because of him. He will be there as he works for SS. I vote for coming and bringing along Figge. I would like to meet him.

Ah comon guys, Sean isn't a bad guy from what I can tell. He just likes to run his mouth. I really wouldn't take it seriously, but especially not personally. I am hoping for as big of a meet as possible myself, so everyone should come.

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
SySt;1556874 said:
Ah comon guys, Sean isn't a bad guy from what I can tell. He just likes to run his mouth. I really wouldn't take it seriously, but especially not personally. I am hoping for as big of a meet as possible myself, so everyone should come.

Deal with him for more than 30 seconds at a time...

Status
Not open for further replies.