Minnesota Supra Meet! 5/15/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
emiliorescigno;1533871 said:
I've found the best way to reach SupraSport is to just keep calling and calling as much as you can. Email has NEVER gotten replies from them. Usually slow orders are because their supplier is slow to get it to them, but it's their job to let you know if a situation like that crops up. You can try PM'ing SupraSportJack here, or PM funky_monkey58 on supraforums.

Anyway - what times are people's Supras coming out for the season? It's getting close!

You might want to watch the frequency at which you call SupraSport. Call too often and they might ridicule you for it behind your back. I am just happy SupraSport doesn't sell anything that would really be of use to me, so it is very easy for me not to buy anything from them now.

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
92nsx;1536989 said:
Hundos are hard to find now days. About time you put a avatar pic up.

Just pull the head off, replace the HG, and see what happens. The toyota HG should absorb some if it isn't perfectly straight. You have all the parts for the most part, just need to find a afm, witch Im sure we could find local.

Need to get a clutch kit and some other random shtuff too. Waiting on Sean for that manifold and still need a wiring harness. It seems my build is full of slllllooooowwwww:nono:

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Yes we should ;)

Well It is looking like I wont be able to make it to the meet :cry: I just had a job offer, but it is for weekend work, fri, sat, sun. Im meeting with them Monday, so I will try and get the 15th off before I even start. we'll see.

7Matt-GE

Nov 18, 2009
Becker, Minnesota
92nsx;1538271 said:
Yes we should ;)

Well It is looking like I wont be able to make it to the meet :cry: I just had a job offer, but it is for weekend work, fri, sat, sun. Im meeting with them Monday, so I will try and get the 15th off before I even start. we'll see.

congrats on the job offer though man regardless! it'll be nice working again and getting more funds for the basics and the supra needs. im gunna try hard as hell to get my supra running before may 15th...i just bought a polished crank off of a guy here on the boards. Next is to buy a 7mgte rebuild kit from ebay for my 7mge cause im goin NA/T(has NPR pistons and a every gasket known to man and a timing belt and a water pump).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-9...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4a9f7a7625

Mr.Yuk

Apr 3, 2009
Minnesota
Well Rob, I could always drive your sllllllllooooooowwwwwww:cry: supra to the meet if mine isnt running in time.
Which I'm guessing it wont be... Should just have a meet for those of us that fail at making it to meets.
Bar suggestions?

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota, United States
Well, Supra's down again temporarily... When I accelerate it sounds like my BOV is venting the entire time (HKS SSQV sound but during accel... boost leak of some sort perhaps??) among other issues... probably going to pull the motor, replace the front main and oil pan gaskets and replace all the old rotting vacuum and radiator hoses...

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Ne0z;1540449 said:
Well, Supra's down again temporarily... When I accelerate it sounds like my BOV is venting the entire time (HKS SSQV sound but during accel... boost leak of some sort perhaps??) among other issues... probably going to pull the motor, replace the front main and oil pan gaskets and replace all the old rotting vacuum and radiator hoses...

Did the BOV issue start happening on it's own or did you do any sort of BOV adjustment? There could always be a boost leak somewhere else as well. Time to make a boost leak tester with a schrader valve. Does it still build some boost or do you just get the turbo sounds with no increase in boost pressure?

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Mr.Yuk;1538757 said:
Should just have a meet for those of us that fail at making it to meets.
Bar suggestions?

Nope not really Im a EOE to the bars. Stones in clearwater :naughty:

emiliorescigno;1539933 said:
So my car is running for the season again. Drove it back up to St. Cloud yesterday.

Very nice! You get the coolant gremlin fixed?

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
92nsx;1540574 said:
Very nice! You get the coolant gremlin fixed?

Yes indeed I did, I installed the new T-stat gasket and tightened down the crap out of the housing, and no more leak. Annoyingly, my fan shroud doesn't fit my radiator, since apparently the Koyo is originally designed for the 1JZ - damn it!

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
SySt;1540548 said:
Did the BOV issue start happening on it's own or did you do any sort of BOV adjustment? There could always be a boost leak somewhere else as well. Time to make a boost leak tester with a schrader valve. Does it still build some boost or do you just get the turbo sounds with no increase in boost pressure?

I had a lower radiator pipe blow while driving on 169s the other day, pulled over down the road a bit, re-attached the coupler, started driving and it was making the sound. I replaced the vacuum line going from the BOV to the vacuum source. I get some boost, it hits maybe 6-7ish PSI but doesn't hold it really.

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
Ne0z;1541223 said:
I had a lower radiator pipe blow while driving on 169s the other day, pulled over down the road a bit, re-attached the coupler, started driving and it was making the sound. I replaced the vacuum line going from the BOV to the vacuum source. I get some boost, it hits maybe 6-7ish PSI but doesn't hold it really.

Is there oil smoking out of the exhaust? I would say make a boost leak tester with some PVC parts. I can help you make some next time I am in town, but you'd probably be better off having a local guy help you if you need any. Years ago there was a writeup on making the PVC boost leak tester.

Ne0z

Apr 2, 2005
SySt;1541338 said:
Is there oil smoking out of the exhaust? I would say make a boost leak tester with some PVC parts. I can help you make some next time I am in town, but you'd probably be better off having a local guy help you if you need any. Years ago there was a writeup on making the PVC boost leak tester.

Found the problem... looks like the clamp on one of the intercooler pipes broke just enough to let a little bit of air out but not enough to make the car run rough or to let the coupler pop off... I pulled the bumper today and replaced a number of the cheapo clamps I had with some better ones and the car is running great now... all that's left to go is to fix my oil leak problem and fix an exhaust leak

quim mk3

Apr 18, 2008
Minnesota
just took mine out of storage and is running like a champ, well as champ like as the ge wants to be, ha. just started repainting some parts today so hopefully it will look decent for the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.