Minnesota Owners

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
Don't worry it should make my old setup look like a baby, I will either need better brakes or some serious weight reduction to make the stockers more effective.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
As far as I know there are 4 main ones
Nightpager (R32 GTR) setup
Doward's Cobra Brakes
ARZ's Willwood kit
MK4 TT swap

There might be more but these are the ones I know of right now...

I'm looking into brakes as I type this, but can't decide on which route to go- ARZ Willwoods or the cobra brakes. Can't find much info on the others :/

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
toyotanos;1675965 said:
As far as I know there are 4 main ones
Nightpager (R32 GTR) setup
Doward's Cobra Brakes
ARZ's Willwood kit
MK4 TT swap

There might be more but these are the ones I know of right now...

I'm looking into brakes as I type this, but can't decide on which route to go- ARZ Willwoods or the cobra brakes. Can't find much info on the others :/

I have hangers and hub rings for some wilwood 6 pistons that don't clear my rims. A BBK was on my mind so I made one that didn't fit lol.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Yeah, ARZ's kit requires 18" rims to clear the brakes in front, so I could see thiose calipers being a bit large. They also cost $1200 o_O
This is why I like the cobra brake setup since it allows 17" rims to be used. Still haven't decided, though. Grimsta has the cobra setups for $750!

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Love my Wilwoods. Sean helped me find them on here. Stole them for $600. May need to do the rear MKIV mod yet.

Steve, you are right. We will see what Sean comes up with. If he get the V* in and with the turbo set up he wants, it will be a f**king monster. I hope he can afford brakes!!

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I want bigger brakes, but I also did not mind the way there were most of the time. I think some good pads and new rotors will do for now, if it is fast enough I will add a chute.

leecheater

Got a bad habit
Mar 27, 2006
St. Cloud, MN
Jeremy, Import shoot out was fun. Sean would dog it off the line because of poor traction. He would be at least 5 car lengths behind. When he stopped spinning, the 7m would reel'em right in. It was pretty funny to watch. Real pity he didn't keep the set up. I think the way he had it then and the way my 2jz set up is going to be this spring, would have been a real fun race. He may have beat me, but with the 272 cams, and my yet to be made (by Sean) intake manifold, I should have damn good power in the upper rpm's.

toyotanos

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Jeremy, if you had ridden in Sean's car that Datsun would have been on the auction block once you got home.

...well that or the supra, depends on how you 'took' the ride :evil2:

Moy

It's broken...
Aug 6, 2008
Beach Park, IL
toyotanos;1676095 said:
Yeah, ARZ's kit requires 18" rims to clear the brakes in front, so I could see thiose calipers being a bit large. They also cost $1200 o_O
This is why I like the cobra brake setup since it allows 17" rims to be used. Still haven't decided, though. Grimsta has the cobra setups for $750!

nope, ARZ's 13" front kit requires 17's. The 14" kit requires 18's ;)

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i highly doubt that steve. the fairlady is gonna be on the same scale of nuts as seans car was. just a lot smaller and lighter. i got my engine back already.... im looking at roughly 4 lbs for each pony to haul with a 9000rpm redline to work with. rebello netted me some stellar #s, its gonna be a ride. without the wiring harness and with the heavy wheels on it it scaled in at 1150lbs. im gonna loose about 13 lbs per tire/ wheel as the steelies weigh 25lbs each without tires the panasports are only 12lbs each without tires. the diet helped. and just as seans car...brakes will be the issue..

then take my future plans for a turbo..... could be nuts!