Mines VX-Rom for 7mtge. Anyone know about it

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
Can anyone help me. I have a Mines VX-Rom ECU for a 7mgte. There is no information on it though. I was hoping that somebody on the forums could help me figure out that this ecu has exactly. I know that the ignition and fuel maps are differenet. That the rev limit is roughly 7800 rpms. The ecu is meant for 550 injectors and there is no speed cut or boost cut. Is there anything that anyone else can tell me. I tried posting this topic in the electrical section, but the mod of that section didn't approve it (I assume).

Whasian

bigboost7m

Apr 20, 2005
Center Line, MI
Whasian;1001307 said:
Can anyone help me. I have a Mines VX-Rom ECU for a 7mgte. There is no information on it though. I was hoping that somebody on the forums could help me figure out that this ecu has exactly. I know that the ignition and fuel maps are differenet. That the rev limit is roughly 7800 rpms. The ecu is meant for 550 injectors and there is no speed cut or boost cut. Is there anything that anyone else can tell me. I tried posting this topic in the electrical section, but the mod of that section didn't approve it (I assume).

Whasian

Where can I get one?

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
HommerSimpson;1001385 said:
Yea were did you get it ? got pics ? inside pics ?

What pictures do you need me to take. I opened the case just to look at it once, but i don't really wanna keep opening it up, but if I find out what this ecu has exactly, I will do it. Just let me know what pictures you need.

Whasian

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Whasian

it is basically as you stated. Mines, like TechTom and G-Force where the ONLY company to ever reverse engineer the TCCS and do a modification to make the TCCS programmable. The Mines VX-5 TCCS works exactly like stock but it is programable. BUT NOT BY THE END USER!

There is only one company that I know of that can do the programming and that is Reg Riemers company, SupraSonic.

http://www.suprasonic.org/public_html/sonictech/techtom/

So imagine the stock TCCS on steriods. Except no way to program it without talking with SupraSonic or TechTom.

Red7m

Oct 16, 2005
Hollidaysburg PA
Figgie I read that site that you linked to and it sounds alot like dsmlink for the dsm. Now I just need to find me a ecu. And I know there is one in HOuston, you better watch your back Whasian. :evil2:

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Red7m

WHY!

Aftermarkets ECU have come a LONG way from that. At this point and for the cost. It is almost pointless to do that mod. You minus well get a full fledged standalone and be done withit!

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
figgie;1001737 said:
Whasian

it is basically as you stated. Mines, like TechTom and G-Force where the ONLY company to ever reverse engineer the TCCS and do a modification to make the TCCS programmable. The Mines VX-5 TCCS works exactly like stock but it is programable. BUT NOT BY THE END USER!

There is only one company that I know of that can do the programming and that is Reg Riemers company, SupraSonic.

http://www.suprasonic.org/public_html/sonictech/techtom/

So imagine the stock TCCS on steriods. Except no way to program it without talking with SupraSonic or TechTom.

I don't care that the ecu isn't programmable BY THE END USER... I don't want to adjust any of parameters. Mines engineers quality equipment, therefore I know it will work well. Like TechTom and G-Force, Mines adds what customers want in the ECU. However unlike TechTom and G-Force, Mines physically tests the ECU on the car to make a without a doubt garentee that it will work.

That is why I bought it. I just happened to by it from a consumer rather than Mines. That's why I wrote this thread, in hopes that somebody could point me in the right direction to find out what parameters this ECU has.

Whasian

BorHor

2JZ-GZE
Jan 10, 2006
San Jose, CA
The thing is, is that the only person that will actually know what it was set for is the person that bought it. ( I think.)

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
figgie;1001746 said:
Red7m

WHY!

Aftermarkets ECU have come a LONG way from that. At this point and for the cost. It is almost pointless to do that mod. You minus well get a full fledged standalone and be done withit!

I don't understand programmed ecu's are great. Think about all the work you have to with a standalone; adding the ecu and extra parts (ie: map, wiring, etc), then you have to pay for tuning (that's good for 400 dollars). Then think, if you add or change anything to it you have tune it again.

I think I'll be happy for the power level I am looking for.

Whasian

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
BorHor;1002363 said:
The thing is, is that the only person that will actually know what it was set for is the person that bought it. ( I think.)

You think so. Somebody has to know something. There are numbers all over this ecu inside and out.

Whasian

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
Here are some snapshots of the ecu that I just took.

p1002376_1.jpg

p1002376_2.jpg

p1002376_3.jpg

p1002376_4.jpg

p1002376_5.jpg

p1002376_6.jpg

Whasian

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Whasian;1002367 said:
LOL, you would crap yourself if you knew excatly what I paid for it.

Whasian

I will caution you. These ECU were not 100% effective. G-Force ECU were known to blow an engine on a good tune. Hence why G-Force ceased existing. All three companies shared the rev eng. So I would definetly not place all your money on that thing working for your setup. Regardless of what the sticker say ;)

In the end, you could pay $10. If it pops your engine. Than it was $10 not well spent ;)

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
figgie;1002397 said:
I will caution you. These ECU were not 100% effective. G-Force ECU were known to blow an engine on a good tune. Hence why G-Force ceased existing. All three companies shared the rev eng. ;)

In the end, you could pay $10. If it pops your engine. Than it was $10 not well spent ;)

First, You are talking about a G-force. I have a Mines. Second, prove that mines shares anything with another company. Mines, is very quiet about their products (they scratch the part numbers off the componets). And thirdly, if Mine's is good enough for an MK4 or a Skyline, I wouldn't think twice about getting the ecu. Unless you any useful information to help me find out about A MINE'S VX-ROM, kindly leave my threat.

Whasian