military generator turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
DSC01129 (640x480).jpgDSC01125 (640x480).jpgSAM_0215 (640x480).jpgSAM_0222 (640x480).jpg

ok so i got this turbo, aint got a clue as to what measurements im looking for or anything for that matter. im not retarded, i know my way around a car, just not so hot with the forced induction. sooooo if anyone can give this poor guy a hand i would be very thankful for some info. will this thing work on my supra? what measurements am i looking for on the hot side or the cool side. it doesnt look to by a hybrid, as a matter of fact the hot side almost looks bigger than the cold side. would that mean faster spooling? smaller powerband? i ask this because the generator it was "acquired" only runs at about 2200 rmps max. this thing has no wastegate and at that rpms that thing was at full on boost. i will have to drill the pilot hole for the wastegate actuator. anyhow learn me please. im sure it will work, very well in fact. i think its a s200 series, if that makes any sense..... borg warner.

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
ya thats what i plan to do, just gotta tap out the inlet, theres a pic of the hot side outlet. its divided. is that a problem?

SAM_0204 (640x480).jpg

xzeror;1781555 said:
or you could run an external wg? what pattern does it have to bolt on to a manifold?

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Nick M;1781716 said:
Stolen from where on Ft Hood? DRMO?

I too would like to know when ft hood had a yard sale. Other wise its easy to assume this turbo, in good working order, "fell off" a govt owned generator. Which means in the big picture, your stealing from all of us.

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
how did u get that back to the states from afghaniland? customs ppl are assholes. did u mail it before you flew out? ia hve a feeling they wouldnt let you carry that

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
it was not stolen off ft hood. im not even in ft hood rite now, im deployed in afghaniland. like i said. it was a turn in. the engine it came off was a 6.8 john deer. this specific one as well as a few other ive done engine swaps on had a factory defect, leading the engine to implode on itself with less than 200 hours on it. hense, this turbo was just going to be turned in with the old engine and eventually find itself in a military scrap yard to make 556 castings. and as for your post. your sure got some nerve.... your obviously not in the military so you would not understand.

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
hmmm guess were really missing the point here, i didnt steal this damn thing. me taking this was cleared through my bms, and my warrant. ok? ok got that figured out. now as for customs, jsut send it home in a conex, as long as its on the inventory its fine, just takes a few months to get it back since the conex wont get shipped for a month. anyhow back to the turbo...... will it work for 350? i believe it will. another question.... i live in a county that does not have emmision laws. can i just run a 3" all the way down and out? im running a 2.5 straight out and it sounds great.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
^ re read your first post, you left the door open for the assumption of theft. I "acquired" it... if you obtained it in a legit way then say that.

While they wont stick the car on a dyno, they will visually check for the cat's and other emission components.

Crypton2006

Jun 26, 2006
Phoenix Az
I live in a city with no emissions....have registared about 15 cars in the last 10 years and they have never even looked at the car. Must be different state to state

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
harley1985;1782258 said:
it was not stolen off ft hood. im not even in ft hood rite now, im deployed in afghaniland. like i said. it was a turn in. the engine it came off was a 6.8 john deer. this specific one as well as a few other ive done engine swaps on had a factory defect, leading the engine to implode on itself with less than 200 hours on it. hense, this turbo was just going to be turned in with the old engine and eventually find itself in a military scrap yard to make 556 castings. and as for your post. your sure got some nerve.... your obviously not in the military so you would not understand.

We weren't accusing you of anything, but merely saying 'acquired' gave the suspicious sound to it. So calm down a little bit.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
You are a pathetic thief, and I don't believe you that the Chief said it was ok to take something that is being turned in. It is turned in for a reason. Sorry about the thread, but this irks me. The other poster is right. All the Americans here have to pay for another one when that could have been reutilized. It wasn't that he said "aquired" it is the fact that the generator is owned by the tax payers.

grimreaper

Jul 2, 2008
Dallas
Crypton2006;1782272 said:
I live in a city with no emissions....have registared about 15 cars in the last 10 years and they have never even looked at the car. Must be different state to state

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk

It is and in the state of tx, by county too.
I know a few places that wont even have you get out of the car, and then some that take 30 minutes with a fine tooth comb. either way last time I read the laws, even if its a no emission county, you cant delete or alter the stock emission components.

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
this is my second 12 month deployment in 3 years. how many have you done there skip? i havent seen my wife in 7 months nor my first born son yet. if you have a problem with the way im fighting for your country, then you take your ass over here and dodge morders for a living. till then if i find a turbo off something thats going to scrap then ill fucking take it. and yes my chief did give me the ok to take it, how the fuck do you think im getting it home? in a conex, that has to be inventoried and signed off by who? my chief. how dare you call me a pathetic thief, its people like you....... this is how you feel about your military? shame on you. funny you mention Americans and tax payers. we pay with our lives and our familys lives..... taxpayers.... congratulations your a tax payer..... what have you done for America.... jerk

harley1985

Aug 17, 2011
killeen tx
anyhow, back to the fact of the matter, didnt think about the visual inspection. i do know a pretty shady inspection shop. and i apologize to the other members, but that guy... well i dont like him very much. suppose there always gotta be one. another question about the straight exhaust ill be running a EWG is it safe to just put a screamer on it? ive heard a few horror stories. is it absolutely necessary to run it back into your exhaust?

Status
Not open for further replies.