Mikes Turbo INC.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
As I said before this is not a big wheel ct26, this is a true garret center with ct 26 housings machined to fit it

Yeah, I have read the ebay add. Now if he sold a that with a CT26 exhaust flange, but nothing else Ct26, that would be ok.

Oh wait, you an already get something like that. But not for $600.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
i actually ordered one of mikes turbos about a year and a half ago. The car started smoking after about 6 months that i had it, so i sent it back. He rebuilt it for another $350 and then finally locked up on me after about 10 months. When i removed it i noticed , besides the wheel being locked, that the exhaust housing was cracked. I wouldn't recomend them. i spent 650 for the turbo originally then 350 for the rebuild since he only had 1 month warranty and it didnt last more than a year.

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
WTF poor yanks one month warranty not much faith in his work.I deal with a Canadian company BLAAST PERFORMANCE that has a 6 month warranty and his customer service is top notch he takes the time that others will not.I find his prices great and I think he has a 48 hour turn around for simple rebuilds.Have a look at his web site ..........Later Barry

Turbo-a

Cruiser
Jun 25, 2007
Australia, Queensland
I bought this turbo from him over a year ago now, ive been running between 12-16psi boost pressure (running extremely rich afr's) and the turbo works' great! no problems at all! i will be getting a dyno this friday and will see how it will go with all my other supporting mods... which are (will post up a dyno chart too)

Turbo-a supra, 60-1 garret ct-26, 550 walbro, 550cc injecters, cooleeze intercooler pipe kit, spearco intercooler, apexi filter, hks bov, hks metal head gaskit, arp's, port and polished head, hks pressure reg, 3inch full system, greddy boost controller, map-ecu

there has been no smoke or shaft play... i always let the car cool down at least 1 minute 30... it makes boost on my car at 3000rpm and makes full boost between 3500rpm to 4000rpm... also taking into account the head has been port and polished too!

I also noticed the turbo has small hair line crack throughout the exhaust housing... most older turbos are like this... previous turbos from my series 5rx7 had them... it happens all the time. but everything else is flawless! i do recommend this turbo yes!

best bang for buck in my opinion!

dylan

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2006
quebec
Most turbo shops will contact you if the houseings are in need of welding or sell you a good used one. If you have a Turbo question check out the BLAAST Performance web site if that dont answer your questions call him.I sometimes help him out and I have never seen anyone take as much time with customer service on the phone and in person.I do not have any personal stake in this business just a good friend Hell I do not even get paid I run a garrett T4 with I think a e trim and the head is ported and polished by Joes Machine Shop. Innovative motorsport cast exhaust 550 rcs 3 inch exhaust muffler only. 3 inch innercooler pipeing big aftermarket innercooler open HKS wastegate and she starts to boost about 2800 and is full by 3200 at 15 lbs.with a stock ecu Reg Reimer is the way I am going for a ecu...you know 5000 rpm equals 140 MPH and she still has a lot left ....Later Barry

Last edited:

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Bought a Turbo from here a few years back which did not have matching numbers and also had some of the numbers ground off the housing! Then he basically told me that is what you ordered even tho it was not what was pictured or described... I say stay away!

As mentioned before I used blast performance. One of their Borg Warner/IHI hybrids and it was good also extremely good service!

Thanks,
Seth

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I bought my Supra with a 57 trim garrett center CT26 turbo, like Mike's, but I don't know who made mine. I noticed that the CT26 housing had no seal, it just clamps against the flange, and was leaking a lot of boost through there. I had to use a small bead of high-temp silicone to seal the flange properly, and my air/fuel ratio under boost went from 11.5 to 12.5. after this leak was fixed. Not sure if Mike's turbo has no seal or not, I just sent him an email asking about this.

Not sure of the mileage on my turbo, but it developed a lot of shaft play in the 3000-4000 miles I have put on the car since I owned it, and I now have a lot of burnt-oil smoke out the exhaust that I suspect is from the turbo, however, I did not see any oil or wetness when I look at the hot side with the downpipe off...?

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Turbo-a;1018779 said:
I bought this turbo from him over a year ago now, ive been running between 12-16psi boost pressure (running extremely rich afr's) and the turbo works' great! no problems at all! i will be getting a dyno this friday and will see how it will go with all my other supporting mods... which are (will post up a dyno chart too)

Turbo-a supra, 60-1 garret ct-26, 550 walbro, 550cc injecters, cooleeze intercooler pipe kit, spearco intercooler, apexi filter, hks bov, hks metal head gaskit, arp's, port and polished head, hks pressure reg, 3inch full system, greddy boost controller, map-ecu

there has been no smoke or shaft play... i always let the car cool down at least 1 minute 30... it makes boost on my car at 3000rpm and makes full boost between 3500rpm to 4000rpm... also taking into account the head has been port and polished too!

I also noticed the turbo has small hair line crack throughout the exhaust housing... most older turbos are like this... previous turbos from my series 5rx7 had them... it happens all the time. but everything else is flawless! i do recommend this turbo yes!

best bang for buck in my opinion!

Just an update on the state of the mike turbo^ from the above car.
I just removed it to refit an upgraded 7m and went to bolt the 60-1 turbo on and it had at least 15-20mm of play end to end and roughly 2-3 mm side to side. Stuffed! and yes it was installed correctly and had the proper garrett oil line fittings. As it's been said before if you want a decent turbo pay the money or the results will all end the same, or keep the ct26 to a 57 trim.

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
Doward;995739 said:
I can't comment on surge issues with the 60-1 in a CT26 housing.

What I can say, is that you will see practically no extra flow, as the 57 trim has pretty much maxed out flow through the compressor housing.

MY primary concern with the 60-1 vs the 57 trim, is that you are greatly increasing the load on the shaft, without a real ROI as far as airflow goes. If Jon (MDC) has seen surging issues with the 60-1 in the CT26, I have zero reason to doubt that.

Hell, in that case, make it TWO good reasons to not run a 60-1 wheel in the CT26 ;)

Why do people make them? Because they sell, obviously.

driftmotion does the same thing with the turbo and they even say its not goot to go over a 57 trim because it puts too much stress on the shaft

supralvr88

Mar 10, 2009
TX
s727.photobucket.com
i recently bought and installed the 60-1 mentioned above. it seems to be ok despite the fact it takes till 4000-4500 to get full spool. I'm running a setup very VERY similar to Wiseco7mgt. at 15psi it only put down 354.89 i figured it would have done better, but it does take forever to build any type of boost at all. it gets 2-3 psi very quick and hesitates to get higher then jumps up and runs away. It's acting like a much bigger turbo. Up top I'm pleased but spool time is a big disappointment. For now it will do though since i already bough it.

btw: he was telling me he's selling a 60-1 Upgraded CT and it bolts right up no modification needed. That was a lie. There's very little CT about this turbo, and you have to have oil feed and return lines made as well. The Stock actuator (and one sent with Turbo) do not fit right and need to be stretched to hell and back to fit. Even when the actuator arm was lengthened 3/4" it still needed to be stretched to fit.

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
^^ my garrett centered 57 trim CT dynoed 350 at 15psi as well, and 393 at 18-20 psi. This does support the idea that the 57 is already maxing out the CT compressor housing and a bigger wheel is just too restricted. Mine hits 15psi around 3800 rpm.

Last edited:

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
Just out of curiosity, how big, in your guys' opinions, would you go with just the exhaust housing of a CT and everything else new, as previously mentioned?

...not that I ever plan on doing it, I'm just trying to satisfy my ever growing thirst for knowledge.

supralvr88

Mar 10, 2009
TX
s727.photobucket.com
I don't know much about what the size equates to, but the Exhaust on my 60-1 is a stage5 from what I'm told. Out of the people that ahve seen it all but 1 has said it's a stage5 Exhaust wheel.

As far as the Dyno. He didn't adjust boost too much just jumped in set AF and dyno'd it. It was holding 15psi on it's own and running waaayyyy too rich. I can max it out at 21psi before hitting fuel cut, as i did that before the tune. I'm debating writing down the settings on the SAFC (as he tuned it), and trying to adjust it for more boost . The only problem is that the boost doesn't come on until late in the RPM band, so it's almost pointless unless going from a roll.

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
supralvr88;1274057 said:
...the Exhaust on my 60-1 is a stage5 from what I'm told.

Can someone explain to me the whole "stage" system?

I had a conversation with a honda guy today about how he was looking for a "stage 2" clutch. I just don't get it.

supralvr88

Mar 10, 2009
TX
s727.photobucket.com
alloyguitar;1274092 said:
Can someone explain to me the whole "stage" system?

I had a conversation with a honda guy today about how he was looking for a "stage 2" clutch. I just don't get it.

I honestly have no clue what that means other than it's a larger Exhaust wheel than stock. You can visibly see the difference. it's just shy of 1/2" diameter bigger.

877m

Feb 10, 2009
Lewiston, NY
supralvr88;1274105 said:
I honestly have no clue what that means other than it's a larger Exhaust wheel than stock. You can visibly see the difference. it's just shy of 1/2" diameter bigger.

its like i different level stage 1 is stock to slight mods stage 2 would be slight mods to medium and so forth

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
877m;1277094 said:
its like i different level stage 1 is stock to slight mods stage 2 would be slight mods to medium and so forth

Yes, but it's like saying that you have a "t4 turbo." There are so many different variations of turbos with a t4 footprint out there that you have no idea what they're talking about.

It's not a set measurement is what I'm saying, so it's kinda frustrating when people say that they want a "stage 2" clutch, because, for different applications, that could really be anything.