Mikes Turbo INC.

soupdawg

Feb 1, 2006
lexinginton nc
Has anyone here had any dealings with mikes turbo, he sells an upgraded ct26 with a garrett 60-1 center cartridge . I just ordered one and looking for any feedback. Thanks

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
my buddy just ordered one.

i think he was getting it today, i find out monday if he has had time to install it or not. if he has installed it ill let you know what he thinks.

soupdawg

Feb 1, 2006
lexinginton nc
For anyone thinking about getting one of these I can now say its worth it. Nicely made with a polished housing. Boost comes on smooth and steady.

soupdawg

Feb 1, 2006
lexinginton nc
Nick M;964217 said:
If he is so good with turbo's, why is he putting too big of a wheel on the CT26? You said the flow is just too much for the housing.

The turbo that is done by Mike is a true garrett center and he machines the two ct26 housings to fit the garrett center. You now have a new garrett oil cooled turbo that bolts up to a stock manifold. And I will have to say it works very good at least with the setup i'm running. Hope this cleared up anything you had questions on.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Doward;975474 said:
What are you talking about?

The 60-1 CT26 fails from surge, not the shaft. According to the turbo people here. So this seems like he went backwords. I can pull the threads if needed.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
Nick M;964217 said:
If he is so good with turbo's, why is he putting too big of a wheel on the CT26? You said the flow is just too much for the housing.

Doward;975474 said:
What are you talking about?

Nick M;995582 said:
The 60-1 CT26 fails from surge, not the shaft. According to the turbo people here. So this seems like he went backwords. I can pull the threads if needed.

Actually Nick, i know exactly what thread you're talking about. Doward never said anything about this, actually MDC did, and made it very clear surge was the issue leading to failure of the 60-1 size trims.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
I can't comment on surge issues with the 60-1 in a CT26 housing.

What I can say, is that you will see practically no extra flow, as the 57 trim has pretty much maxed out flow through the compressor housing.

MY primary concern with the 60-1 vs the 57 trim, is that you are greatly increasing the load on the shaft, without a real ROI as far as airflow goes. If Jon (MDC) has seen surging issues with the 60-1 in the CT26, I have zero reason to doubt that.

Hell, in that case, make it TWO good reasons to not run a 60-1 wheel in the CT26 ;)

Why do people make them? Because they sell, obviously.

logan

3 laws safe
Oct 4, 2005
U.S-U.K
What am I missing ? The latter the onset of spool , the further you move away from the surge line . <--- Is that right ?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
IwantMKIII;995642 said:
Actually Nick, i know exactly what thread you're talking about. Doward never said anything about this, actually MDC did, and made it very clear surge was the issue leading to failure of the 60-1 size trims.

That is why I said turbo people.

So that goes back to what I was saying. If he is so good, why does he sell a product that could be a lot better? Ebay rubbing off on him?

soupdawg

Feb 1, 2006
lexinginton nc
As I said before this is not a big wheel ct26, this is a true garret center with ct 26 housings machined to fit it. Im running 15psi and it is very strong. I have not had a chance to put mine on the dyno yet as my clutch will not hold the power. I have had a 60 trim ct26 and i was very pleased with it. It did well at 15psi also, but yes it did get shaft play after 2 years. Also it was used when I got it. But performance for the money I'd buy another mike,s turbo anyday.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Mike sells the turbo because people want it. At the very least, he's alleviating the problem with the small shaft/large diameter (relatively speaking) compressor wheel.

I will stand by the statement that the CT26 housings are too small to properly utilize the flow potential of a true T4 60-1 wheel.

Logan, incorrect my man. ;)