might be getting a celica all trac..

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
get it, even if you dont like it you can sell it fast, those things are HARD to come by, i've been looking but havent found one that isnt a parts car or just used to hell.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Go for it. 3S-GTE = 2JZ's little brother. Same bore and stroke, just two less pistons; 2.0L vs 3.0L. Keep in mind that for a car sporting a 4-banger, they are heavy.
Rod Millen whupped ass on Pike's Peak in an Alltrac.

Watch out for scheduled maintenance. If you have the money, it could be a great car.
If you can find a '93, go for it as it's the last year in the USA, but keep in mind that there were less than 100 Alltracs made in the USA in 1993.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
daledoe said:
If there 88's u should put the newer motor in it (185) from the 2nd gen!! I was thinking of doing that when I had a celica but I boke it first!!!!

..or you could get a JDM engine from a newer GT-Four that will blow the doors off most other 4-cylinder engines! The last model of 3S-GTE in the Toyota Caldina had 260hp. Some race models and other variants of the GT-Four [Group-A and Carlos Sainz WRC] 3S-GTE engines had water-air intercoolers, and some featured "anti-lag". Not great for the engine, but it's still cool.

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
thats cool.. im down with pulling the engine. im just not sure if the clutchs are already good in them. either way im stealing the car and i don't mind putting time and work into it. i have all the time in the world because i already have a daily driver. thanks for the responce im starting to familarize myself with these cars. so umm anybody want to buy a mk3 supra? 3000 obo black 89

::EDIT::

the one that needs to be wired up has the jdm engine.. im probably going to get that one. either one is still good. all that one needs is a door and its bone stock. the other one has a little bit done it it like an exhaust and possibly an upgraded turbo..

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
gixxer750 said:
Steal? How about this....

88 celica Alltrac Turbo, 82000 miles, perfect interior, perfect body....BHG....

Paid $200.....

lol
Whats up with you and buying nice, cheap, old late-eighties toyotas anyway?

Steal man as long as thats the only problem...

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
drunk_medic said:
..or you could get a JDM engine from a newer GT-Four that will blow the doors off most other 4-cylinder engines! The last model of 3S-GTE in the Toyota Caldina had 260hp. Some race models and other variants of the GT-Four [Group-A and Carlos Sainz WRC] 3S-GTE engines had water-air intercoolers, and some featured "anti-lag". Not great for the engine, but it's still cool.

i didn't think the anti lag made it into production cars, even the group a? if you do a late model swap, i'd go with the st205 3sgte, 255 hp. the caldina engine has been criticized for lack of upgrades, and that crappy a/a IC. but hey, you can't go wrong either way. :)

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Charlie97L said:
i didn't think the anti lag made it into production cars, even the group a? if you do a late model swap, i'd go with the st205 3sgte, 255 hp. the caldina engine has been criticized for lack of upgrades, and that crappy a/a IC. but hey, you can't go wrong either way. :)
The st205 is good too:icon_bigg

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
I like buying late 80's toyotas for cheap.....that way instead of having one new car, I can have the complete toyota sporty lineup on the real cheap, + having a hella fast supra. Now all I have to do is find another MR2 and I'll have the collection from the late 80's(you know, back when toyota made cars for car lovers instead of for the masses.....)

xride63

May 24, 2005
cherry hill
oh i know! thats why i never want to buy a new car. theres so few good ones.

im not sure whats what. my friend thats buying the two said the one might be rotted out. so thats the case id pick up a gts shell or something cheap and swap everything over. or hed give me a turbo.

the cars come with a few spare turbos. i was going to tap a manifold i have lying around and put a ct-26 on my 1990 plymouth laser (i also have a supra ct-26 sitting pretty in my garage ;-)). its got a 2.0l 4g63. i know i know. but i love dsm's too. the two cars right now that have my heart are supras and dsm's. as far as im concerned toyota and mitsubishi do great things and are both great car companies in their own respect. if this all trac doesn't work out ill spend the winter months adding a little piece of toyota to the mitsubishi powered mopar shell of mine (daily driver).

friday were getting the cars towed so ill see then whats what with the one. dave said it looked like it was rusting out. but we have to jack it up and take a better look