microwaveable science project - good idea?

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
one suggestion get some concret blocks or mabey some sand bags and pile them up to hide behind because with the 6 cans theres going to be srapnael flying every were. make sure there r no windows with about 500m radius ,they will brake. and a pair of ear muffs wouldnt hurt eather

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
k. already planning on earplugs, we're probably gonna have a double thickness of plywood with a plexi window so we can watch closer.

and as for six cans of starter fluid going off, im worried about shrapnel, not the fireball. the 2k feet of cord wasn't for clearance, it was to reach the nearest outlet. we're gonna set it off in a field at a friend's farm. they dont exactly have electrical outlets cropping up.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
mdc, already got it planned. gonna have as much extension cord as we can get, run it through a surge protector to the generator. then we get the generator running and just flip the switch on the power strip when we're ready to go.

1jzdreamer

Dec 3, 2006
Arkansas
MDCmotorsports said:
Unroll about 100 yards of extention cord - turn microwave on. Walk 100 yards away to power source, then PLUG microwave in.

Also, I enjoy making plasma balls with grapes in microwaves.

HOW? I MUST KNOW.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
If you wanna do a good science project.... build a tesla coil! Then send it to me, I'll put it to good use.

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Use the really old microwaves with a dial turn the dial on then plug in the power on the extension cord that way you are nowhere near these things when they go off!

try a stick of dynomite for kicks