Microtech vs Haltech, help me choose.

2JZMK2+1

Oct 17, 2007
st.croix
Haltech do make PnP for 1jz or 2jz....
This is this list of cars that they make PnP for..

E6X Patch Loom - Mitsubishi EVO 1,2,3.
E6X Patch Loom - Holden Commodore VL
E8 Patch Loom - Mitsubishi EVO 1,2,3, 4,5,6.
E8 Patch Loom - Mazda RX7 FC3S-S5
E8 Patch Loom - Nissan N14 GTiR
E8 Patch Loom - Nissan S13, S14s1, S14s2, S15
E8 Patch Loom - Subaru WRX MY99-00
E8 Patch Loom - Subaru WRX MY97-98
E8 Patch Loom - Subaru WRX MY93-96
E8 Patch Loom - Mitsubishi EVO 7, EVO 8
E8 Patch Loom - Mitsubishi VR4
E8 Patch Loom - Mazda RX7, FC3S-S4
E11v2 Patch Loom - Subaru WRX MY01-05 NEW with ATVS Control
E11v2 Patch Loom - Mitsubishi EVO 9 NEW with MIVEC Control
E11V2 Patch Loom - Skyline R32-R33 GTS GTR / 300ZX Z32
E11V2 Patch Loom - Toyota Supra JZA80

2JZMK2+1

Oct 17, 2007
st.croix
If your car isn't there give haltech a call in USA ask for claudio an he will have one made for you....
He has a 1jz MA70 PnP as we speak so give him a call for more info....
PM me for phone number..

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Just a update for you guys, Randys 1jz Supra running a Haltech E11v2 ran on the first try. The only problem was Haltechs pin out of the 1jz/2jz igniter is wrong, Bill was able to find it and fix it right away. Its amazing how simple it was for Bill to set the peramiters and then start it. Lots of detail was put into the harness and the time and effort was worth it it looks amazing.

I think we are heading to the dyno tonight or tomorrow. :naughty:

Jeremy

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
Yes we went for the first road drive last night, there is a few things we have to work out but it drives very nice, I hope to get it onto the dyno tomorrow or friday.....just in time for the drive to SILV.

Randy

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
Any updates randy?

I ask beacause I am doing research now to determine if I wanna go aem or haltech. You have to make your own harness for haltech?

Also I'd rather bump an old thread for an answer than start a new one!

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
tbcmorris;1236790 said:
Any updates randy?

I ask beacause I am doing research now to determine if I wanna go aem or haltech. You have to make your own harness for haltech?

Also I'd rather bump an old thread for an answer than start a new one!

Well I got it installed and tuned and had about a week to drive it before driving 1800 miles to Vegas, I made it all the way down and back, and i also Dyned (423 whp at 17 psi) and raced. Not to bad for only a weeks driving on a new EMS. The Haltech ran great, I even taught my wife to tune!!!, she was logging pulls and adjusting my A/F's on the hwy, it was great!!.

We did make a harness from scratch, the long harness haltech had enough lenght to build it. I wanted to make sure all the wires and connections were perfect, and with a 20 year old stock harness there is no garantees, I didnt want to risk potential problems. We also just installed an E8 into a 1jz car, and patched it into the stock harness...we had it running in about 4-5 hours.

For the price you get a great system, you basicly get all the options that the AEM has minus a few features like knock control, for a better price and with a much easier to use software. Haltech now has thier new Platinum Sport ECU's to replace the E8 And E11, I will be putting one in my car and running it this spring/ summer, and best of all they just plug into the older E8 or E11 harness plugs!

Claudio is working on a P&P harness for the 1jz, they do have a 2jz mk4 P&P but the plugs are way different than the mk3 1jz.

BTW, BIC Performance is now an Official Haltech dealer, so shoot me a PM or Email if you need anything.