Microtech LT12 in 1JZ?

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
Has anyone on the forum have experienced with Microtech? I want to get one for my 1JZ set up with an external 3 BAR MAP sensor. I have $1200-$1500 to spend on a standalone. What do you guys think?

Thanks!!

Yea first post:)

1fastsupra

Nov 24, 2005
ft lauderdale
a friend of mine has a microtech LTX 12 on his 1jz for approx 2 years now....though his set up is relatively stock/ no air cond he hasn't had any problems with it and his car is his daily driver,overall its a good system and fairly easy to install/tune.......for a couple of bucks more u could have the ultimate haltech e11v2,its a far more advance unit still user friendly but cost a lil more.........

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
Maeso and his friend are running Microtech on the 7M and on the 1J. To the best of my knowledge that 1J has the fastest 1/4 timeslip.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
Im not too familiar with Haltech, and there are not a lot of Haltech tuner in my area. I chose Microtech is because i can do the installation and the tuning myself.

Was there any "bumps" in doing the wiring to get the car started.

Plus, does anyone have Base Map for a stock 1JZ? I just want to car to start and running right enough to get the car to the dyno.

Thanks.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
You also may be able to find an Apexi Power FC for a 1JZ. Those are "pretty cheap" [around $1000] and easy to use as well with the "Power FC commander", as far as stand-alones go.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
I talked to Apex-i and asked about the Power FC for the 1JZ, and they were saying it's about $1450 for the unit.

Plus, the point of getting the Microtech or the Haltech is to make my own harness. I don't like the stock wiring harness on the 1JZ, it's old and brittle. :)

1JZ.747

Feb 20, 2006
australia
i have had a ltx12s on my 1j for 2 years now

its a great ecu

i am making 468rwhp through a tricked up a340e auto box.

i have run a best time of 10.7 et at 126mph.

i have the 45 psi map sensor option in mine.

a friend of mine is a microtech dealer, if you need a price let me know, im pretty sure i can get you a good deal.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
Hey 1JZ.747,

What do you mean by "a tricked up a340e auto box" would you be kind enough to let me have a copy of your LTX12 map for your set up so i can compare and contract from stock.

Im ordering mine tomorrow from Jon of Microtech for 1240$ USD shipped to USA.

I assume your not running on stock twins. But i might be throwing in my spare T04R.

1JZ.747

Feb 20, 2006
australia
sao1 said:
Hey 1JZ.747,

What do you mean by "a tricked up a340e auto box" would you be kind enough to let me have a copy of your LTX12 map for your set up so i can compare and contract from stock.

Im ordering mine tomorrow from Jon of Microtech for 1240$ USD shipped to USA.

I assume your not running on stock twins. But i might be throwing in my spare T04R.

no, i wont be giving away my map, thats intelectual property of jon from microtech. Jon tunes my car, and i race under his workshop name.

i run a to4r, i have a fully built a340e, ie 3400 stall, shift kit, manual shift box controller, rebuilt and strenghtened internals, ie clutches and vavle body.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
I just put in my order today and complete the transaction. YEEAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

1JZ.747,
I understand... as for your t04r, what boost are you running to make 468rwhp if you don't mind me asking? And what size is your turbine?

BigTSetter,
I would love to get my hands on an AEM EMS and actually, my friend's shop is actually a distributor for AEM in NorCal, but i just don't know anyone locally to tuning it.

garagefujimoto

Local Tire Destroyer
May 27, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Big T, seeing as though SF is a POS at times, could you give a brief overview.. I want the Power FC because I don't even need tape/solder to put it in, but the tuning could take a while..How many hours do you feel it took to put in the AEM EMS until you could drive it to work without worry?

BigTSetter

Apr 6, 2005
Denver
Sorry, i'm not on here all the time. It's been a while. My bad guys.

The MKIV TT AEM EMS will work GREAT! with a 1JZ. However, you are still going to need to wire it in with 2JZ ecu connectors. These you can get from an old 2JZ or you can get a fields harness from Richard@autosportworks.com I approached through talking with several people about getting the 2JZ connectors or a fields harness. Richard supplied me with 2JZ Ecu connectors, and 1JZ connectors with about 9" of wire connected to the 1JZ connectors. From there, i've made a very easy diagram that will allow you to just plug in the connectors and go.

There is more information on SF. It's a long list, it's VERY close to PnP but not exactly. My system runs GREAT! and i'm very happy with it.

As for the information, it's located at http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305209

SAO1 there is NO! way in hell that there is no one near you that will tune a 1JZ AEM. I REFUSE to believe that. Look around a little more and ask a few of the CA guys here for a shop. Trust me man, there's one around you. :D

garagefujimoto Trying to find a shop that will tune the Power FC to what it can really do is going to be more difficult to find unless you already know of a place in your area. You can look at a few things here. One, MKIV guys tend to have a fair amount of money. Two, when they have serious HP, most could easily pay for any stand-alone. Three, a VERY! large percentage of stand-alone MKIV guys use the AEM EMS. AEM make a good unit and lots of places will tune them. It's pretty user friendly and if you can build a 1JZ you can probably be able to work the EMS once shown.

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
Hey everyone,

It has been awhile, but im done finishing wire up my LT12s with the X6 Ignition Module, but i have one problem.

When i crank the motor, there is no spark, but on the self mode test, there is spark. So im guessing im wiring the crank sensor or the cam sensor wrong, so i switch the wires around and still NO spark during cranking.

What can i test now? What about my TACH OUTPUT wire? Im not getting trigger pulse or something. Please help!!!!!!!!

I wired the TACH OUTPUT wire to the cluster for the tach. Is this correct?

sao1

Feb 15, 2006
Santa Rosa, CA
It's a little late for the AEM:)

I can tune the 1JZ myself, Im not looking for 500 rwhp yet, so the LT12s would do for now. Im currently looking for new cam and crank sensors. Do you guys a think the 2jz sensors would work?

Thanks

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
sao1 said:
It's a little late for the AEM:)

I can tune the 1JZ myself, Im not looking for 500 rwhp yet, so the LT12s would do for now. Im currently looking for new cam and crank sensors. Do you guys a think the 2jz sensors would work?

Thanks

The crank and cam sensors for the 2jz works with 1jz. That is an interchangeable part.