mice and spark plug wires...

marcbeatty

Apr 1, 2005
Small town, IN
So my car has been hesitating lately, I checked vacuume lines and found nothing, I was flushing my coolant system out that week, so I was under the hood a bit, and I never noticed anything wrong with my spark plug wires, but I took my car to the shop, and when I get there he shows me that my spark plug wires have been thoroughly eaten by mice...has anyone had anything like this happen to them? Weird

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Yup, same thing had happened to mine when I purchased it. A family had made their home under the coilpack cover and eaten into the leads. Their oil soaked skeletons and a bunch of grain husks were still in there, too.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
happened on my dads maxima and my buddy's SHO.... on the SHO when we started it up one musta been chewing on the line and started smoking (had the hood popped trying to find out what was happening) fun times back in PA

koulee

Oct 11, 2005
Yep I found mice droppings along the spark plug valley cover on my cressie ... time to put out some poison mice bait dude.

Silvasoup

May 12, 2005
Florida
Wow I have heard of ants and bees in the engine, but now mice. Better keep a cat in the engine too. Don't laugh I have heard about them getting in engines believe it or not.

Horsepowerfreak

Jan 24, 2006
Portland
Long story short. Gen 3 RX7. Miles and miles of tubing. Hours and hours of standing on my head fixing. Note to self: dont buy 3rd gen!!:aigo: I guess mice like the taste and texture of silicone.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
When I was working at Canadian Tire I found the problem of similar symptoms. The mouse was under the exhaust manifold and the cat was torn up my the fan. Then I had to remove them with a pressure washer, but they ware both caked on because of the heat.

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
:biglaugh:
Hahahaha...

About 5 years ago a cat was sleep somewhere under my moms minivan hood... Idk how or why, but it didnt see the light of day again.

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
lots of rodents, birds, and small animals like to get up there because it's sheltered by wind and cold. The also see it as a safe place.

sarichmond

Vehicular Motion
Jun 30, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Same thing happened to me. Mice droppings and chewed up spark plug wires. Found all this when changing spark plugs and wires for the first time.

Its a load of shit if you ask me, but who gives a rats ass.

(pun intended.)