/METALLICA\ ___ Death Magnetic (last try)

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Let's try this again without the piracy, please.

Any Metallica fans should buy it. I hated St. Anger about as much as a Britney Spears album, but this new stuff is good again.

2679223071_765b40d058.jpg

Anyone seeing them on tour this year? I am.

**Favorite song: track 9, Suicide -something-. Instrumental

Last edited:

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
to the person in the last thread that said Bruce Dickinson ruined Maiden...

DIAF

Up the Irons!

Anyway, back to metal-licka, from how much FAIL their last couple albums have been, I don't see this one being any better unless Dave Mustaine and Jason Newsted came back (yeah, and hell just froze over).

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
I liked the new cd, it wasnt the best metallica ever but it was good. Once I saw the new album was coming out I put all my old metallica cds in and got back into that type of music. Old metallica still sounds great but this new cd cant top them, Id say its the best since the Black album.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Guy I know got it so I borrowed it and listened to see if they have gone back to kicking ass. He wasn't impressed. After hearing the entire album I would say they have retreived some of what they lost, but not enough. Half of the tracks are good but not great, and the other half suck. Nothing screams single material other than track nine and it has no lyrics. You can hear the lack of continuity with the band members, it just doesn't flow the same. I will pass on this one just like the last. I want another Black or S&M, though that seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
James just doesnt have the same voice he used to, I think at least. Doesnt sound as powerful and the songs just dont have the same flow to them. Guitar is great, as much as I hate lars; the drums are good too.

/comic book guy opinion

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
iwannadie;1129425 said:
James just doesnt have the same voice he used to, I think at least. Doesnt sound as powerful and the songs just dont have the same flow to them. Guitar is great, as much as I hate lars; the drums are good too.

/comic book guy opinion
x2:icon_bigg

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Isphius;1129322 said:
cliff burton was more than half the talent of the band

I said it in the last thread and I will say it again

Cliff was the band . And Justice was good because it was written with or by Cliff

Everything sucked ass since Period The new Cd is ok but not great It wont stand the test of time like Master or Lighting . Two months from now it will be just another coaster

RIP metallica Hello Mediorce Crap fest

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
mattsplat72;1129527 said:
I said it in the last thread and I will say it again

Cliff was the band . And Justice was good because it was written with or by Cliff

Everything sucked ass since Period The new Cd is ok but not great It wont stand the test of time like Master or Lighting . Two months from now it will be just another coaster

RIP metallica Hello Mediorce Crap fest

If cliff was the band, his solo career would actually exist right now...

Wait... yea never mind, I thought he was the bass player that left during st. anger lol. yea... Im not a metallica groupie.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The new stuff definitely lacks a great voice and strong melodies, but I still think it's respectable. They are intentionally trying to sound different than there earlier stuff, which is a shame to most Metallica fans, including myself.

I can not wait to see them live!!! I'm sure most all the show will be pre-Reload songs. I can withstand a couple of the St. Anger tunes if it means witnessing a live performance of master or seek and destroy. :)

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
g/f said ahe won't even bother getting a pirate copy. She's old school metal, and cant stand any of the "new crap". Said she won't give metallica a second look untill all band members have hair at least as long as mine again...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
iwannadie;1129528 said:
If cliff was the band, his solo career would actually exist right now...

Wait... yea never mind, I thought he was the bass player that left during st. anger lol. yea... Im not a metallica groupie.

Cliff Burton? Umm he is DEAD!

Now as I said in the other thread,

Kirk "Stacato" Hammet. Yeah he guitar playing in a tad short of me pulling my cat's tail sound as at least my cat does not slaughter lengths of notes!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
figgie;1130459 said:

Kirk "Stacato" Hammet. Yeah he guitar playing in a tad short of me pulling my cat's tail sound as at least my cat does not slaughter lengths of notes!

And who do you like behind the axe?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Mustaine...

After listening to the first song on youtube, the music is a bit like And Justice For All, and the vocals are too much like the Load albums (he can't sing). When the solo kicks in Hammett completely ruined the song, the solo didn't sound like it should be in the song.

Oh, and the drums are too damn loud still like they where on St. Anger...

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
figgie;1130459 said:

Yes, I realized just as I posted I had them mixed up. I was watching the documentary of the st. anger album and the bass player left the band. So thats who was on my mind...

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
suprarx7nut;1130496 said:
And who do you like behind the axe?

oh boy......

let see (in no particular order)

"Electric"
John Petrucci
BucketHead
Tom Morello
Kerry King
Tony Mcalpine
Vernon Reid
Dimebag Darrell Abott
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Marty Freidman
Eddie Van Halen
Paul Gilbert
George Lynch
Yngwie Malmsteen
(All I can remember of the top of my head).

"Jazz/Fusion"
Eric Johnson
Al DiMeola

"Classical"
Pepe Romero
Angel Romero
Celedonio Romero
Andrew York
Julian Bream
Manuel Barrueco
Andres Segovia
Katzuhito Yamashita