Meh.

SupraFan55

Inline Engine Enthusiast
May 1, 2007
Florida
93kyumaru;885151 said:
What are your power goals? I am curious because I got a great deal on a T04Z kit but not sure if I want to stick with the T04Z think I want something else and precision has a few good turbos.

FYI The HKS T04Z is the same as Garrett's T04Z which is the same as Precision's T67 DBB P Trim, they are the same exact turbo, HKS is the most expensive as you're paying for the HKS stamp. The Garrett comes in twin scroll(divided inlet) and in undivided inlets. The Precision can come in a T04S compressor cover (.70 comp a/r) just like the HKS and Garrett units or you can run the bigger H cover which makes it have a .75 compressor a/r. The Precision T67 DBB can be bought for maybe the cheapest as I saw an official Precision Distributor letting them go for $1300. The T04Z's from Garrett i saw go from anywhere from 1450 to above $1500. Then we have the HKS T04Z that I normally see well past $2000 alone for the turbo, I'll take the Garrett and Precision versions any day especially since HKS runs Garrett cores. Hope this clears some things up for those wondering that's the deal with Precisions T67 DBB P Trim, Garrett's T04Z and HKS T04Z, once again it's the SAME EXACT TURBO. The Precision can allow you to change to bigger compressor a/r if needed. The only changes is the fact that each manufacturer offers different a/r's for the turbine housing.

Great choice 1JSC4, looking at the a/r number it seems you picked up a Precision unit with an open inlet(undivided) since you chose a .68 a/r. I hope you didn't pay a killing for it unlike the overpriced twin HKS makes. Which compressor housing are you running?, T04S (.70 comp a/r) or Precision's H cover (.75 comp a/r). For the 1JZ application i would of stick with the T04S and rock the .68 a/r you chose. Let me know how it spools!

250sx

now|dig|friendly
Jul 1, 2007
SFL
SupraFan55;885851 said:
Great choice 1JSC4, looking at the a/r number it seems you picked up a Precision unit with an open inlet(undivided) since you chose a .68 a/r. I hope you didn't pay a killing for it unlike the overpriced twin HKS makes. Which compressor housing are you running?, T04S (.70 comp a/r) or Precision's H cover (.75 comp a/r). For the 1JZ application i would of stick with the T04S and rock the .68 a/r you chose. Let me know how it spools!

Thanks, the compressor housing is an H w/.75.