MegaSquirtII

mr2 V6 conversion (swap)

• Total voters

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
dpack138;1230186 said:
anybody know about this EMS?...i just wondered if anyone had any experiance with it...

doug

I have messed with it a little on my friend's turbo 280z. But I couldn't give you any comparison notes because I have not messed with any other standalones. For a while I wanted to use it on my 7m engine swap in a pickup, but then I decided that for my power goals it would be much easier and cheaper to use a piggyback with supporting mods. There are many different board versions and different supporting software for the correct tuning in different setups. It is a very tricky device to use. You would probably spend a lot of time to find the right software to run the device using toyota sensors. I cannot say the it is a bad idea, but I just don't want to go through the extra hassle of building a system when there are others that are designed for these cars. I am sure that someone else has used it on a supra. The guy that told me about it put it on his 5.0 mustang and it plugged right in and worked great with slight tuning. But after looking into it, I realized that it probably would not be a good chioce for an import motor. This is my 2 cents. Take it with a grain of salt.
I would like to hear from someone who has this on a supra.

dpack138

Poopra
Oct 30, 2007
Rosamond, CA
cool..thanks for the input....i can tell this isn't a popular ems for the mkiii.....so what piggy backs do you run if you don't mine me asking

noa324

booster
Dec 19, 2008
miami
actual the mega squirt has been used alot with them 7ms just got 1 couple of months ago works well still learning but diffenetly helps out

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
I don't have any electronic control on my supra yet. I am trying to figure out how far I want to go with this one. For my power goals(400hp maybe 500 max) I am sure that a safc 2 or neo would be fine, but I would really like the spark control and speed density that the maft pro is capable of. But of course this would be quite a bit more of an investment. I have read a lot of biased opinions and tech info but when it comes down to it, you just have to decide for yourself based on your power goals, budget, and ease of install/use. I also looked into the emanage and just decided for myself that the maft pro would be a better candidate for that level of performance. There comes a point when a dd should not have any more power. Especially when never taken to the track. I am very impressed with the maft pro's capabilities, but right now I am leaning towards a safc neo running 550s and lex afm. What are your goals for your car? Track or street?

darkspeed

Supramania Contributor
Oct 1, 2006
Montgomery, AL
www.pbase.com
I run MS1 with great success (6M, not 7M). My setup can be duplicated easily on a 7M since I run wasted spark. Don't bother triggering with the stock Toyota CPS/distributor; get yourself a crank mounted trigger wheel, like the 36-1.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
thats one thing that im wondering about, if i were to go MSII, where would you get the crank wheel and sensor setup for any specific engine? is it all custom work?