Megasquirt3+MS3X

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
Good day, I have recently purchased a DIY, MS3+MS3X standalone EMS and harness from diyautotune.com. I assembled the board and MS3 CPU, still waiting on the MS3X (back oder). I have read about guys using the stock CPS without modification. I have read about the VR input and have the MS3 wired as such. But it reads that there is only 2 wires to land and our cps has many more than that. I have also seen and read a thread a while back about cutting a noch off the cps wheel and using only one of the censors inside rather than all of them; but he did not have the MS3X. I also read about a crank wheel that is welded to the vibration dampener and another censor installed. I plan on ditching the stock multiplex and using the MS3X to drive 1zz coils and injectors directly. Do I need VR on both crank and cam to use the MS3X sequential fuel and spark? Or can i stick with the stock CPS? I am a little lost and could use a hand. So far i have not broken anything except my wallet, and would like to keep it that way.

Last edited:

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
yeah i have seen this. but is he running sequential off a MS3X card? does this mod support that? He said he is running MS2. I thought that MS2 only supported batch-fire? I obviously just know enough to be dangerous as my car sits in a non running state. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
If you use the 2 wheels on the cam sensor seperate the pick ups and use the one with more teeth for crank and the single tooth one for cam.

With jz even with 2 cam sensors and a crank sensor you only use one cam sensor and can have full seq fuel and ignition.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
does anyone see a problem using 2 stock injector resistors for Sequential fuel with low z injectors?

Last edited:

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
Why not use a ford iscv? It won't bolt up but its just a two wire, and from what I've read most standalones don't like the stock one, too easy to lose position and stall.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
I am all about using something that works, but have u seen anyone adapt a different ISCV in our intake manifold? i havent got slightest idea what the ford one looks like.

KTM530

Supramania Contributor
Jan 24, 2011
santa rosa
Ford iscv.jpg

so i have to make one end fit in our manifold where the stock one went, and vent the other to air?
Maybe i can gut out a stock one and use it like an adaptor.