Megasquirt .. what is latest on who is runing one. ? and boards were can you buy

FoundSOul

Aug 19, 2009
Suwanee, GA 30024
thaiyota;1445534 said:
when is this going to be available for my 89, please update

I fully expect the DIYPNP N52 kits (which is what you're looking for) to be available this week. I'm still waiting on the endplates, but they're due from the anodizer any day now. Quantities on these kits will be somewhat limited at first but I don't think it will cause any problems, the limitation is the connectors which I only have a few of now, but my big order should be here first of December.

FoundSOul

Aug 19, 2009
Suwanee, GA 30024
Looking for a Friday 11-13 release date of the new N52 kit (and the J93 kit that fits a bunch of Subarus). Maybe Thursday if the pieces fall into place just right, but more likely Friday. Endplates are on the way now.

mica_2man

Sep 28, 2009
wisconsin
HommerSimpson;1374134 said:
Was wondering who is runing this yet.. and opinun... And any source on just buying the pcb board alone? i looked last night for a hr and can only find kits of some sort.

DIYautotune is a good supplier of the megasquirts .... dont mess with the ebay stuff.. as far as doing a kit yourself its a lot better ..then YOU know whats going on with your ECU .. and YOU can then say that YOU built it .. its actually your set up .. just because its a kit doesnt mean that there are no decisions left up to you .. and you asked for opinions .. there you go .. i havent installed one on a supra as of yet .. i just bought my first EMS pro and im looking for some help on a wiring diagram of some sort .. to get it in the car .. but i have done three MSII builds and installs .. with 100% positive results .. thanx and have a great day.

thaiyota

Sep 14, 2006
supravile
the kit will plug but its not going to play right out of the box...
there will be wire to be jump and ignition system change, multiyplex and Megasquirt= i dont like it.. if i ever decide to run one i would do it with Mitsubishi ignitor

bozosoku

Jan 29, 2006
CT
Anyone has a screen shot of their megasquirt spark table ?? I think I get a OK tune but like to have someone's table as a comparison. Thanks in advance.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I'm using MS2 PCB v.3 in my other project so I will continue with MS. On my supra I will use MS3 instead.
So far I have built 3 MS2 and my own and I will continue to do so.

gurov

May 17, 2010
NJ
oooh, megasquirt discussion :D.

i just got done installing ms2 (3.0.3t with some mods in the code) on my mark4. Zeal engineering dual VR board for the crank/cam input (dual wheel 12 crank teeth, 1 cam tooth). using fields patch harness. sharing coolant temp sensor, and i put an open element gm iat into the throttle body.

it's just controlling fuel for now, leaving the ignition to the stock ecu, which works out awesomely.

i'm using table switching, so there's 2 fuel tables (below 110 kpa, and above 120 kpa), switch happens at 115 kpa, so the resolution is 16x32 cells. tuning is done via tunerstudio's live ve analyzer, which works exceptionally well. lc-1 is putting out 10-16 afr range across 0-5volts analog output.

i have ignition working also, but when i actually hooked it up and threw a timing light on it, it was wandering around between idle at 3-4 grand, so i'll have to look into that some more (maybe switch to NE2 for cam VR, as that should reduce the offset angle for dual wheel)

this is 2nd car i have running on megasquirt, the other one is a se-r specv with 57 trim t3/t4 on a built qr25de boosting about 20 psi. the sentra has a megasquirt3 daughterboard, which is quite awesome.

all the boards are v3.0.

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
gurov;1567604 said:
oooh, megasquirt discussion :D.

i just got done installing ms2 (3.0.3t with some mods in the code) on my mark4. Zeal engineering dual VR board for the crank/cam input (dual wheel 12 crank teeth, 1 cam tooth). using fields patch harness. sharing coolant temp sensor, and i put an open element gm iat into the throttle body.

it's just controlling fuel for now, leaving the ignition to the stock ecu, which works out awesomely.

i'm using table switching, so there's 2 fuel tables (below 110 kpa, and above 120 kpa), switch happens at 115 kpa, so the resolution is 16x32 cells. tuning is done via tunerstudio's live ve analyzer, which works exceptionally well. lc-1 is putting out 10-16 afr range across 0-5volts analog output.

i have ignition working also, but when i actually hooked it up and threw a timing light on it, it was wandering around between idle at 3-4 grand, so i'll have to look into that some more (maybe switch to NE2 for cam VR, as that should reduce the offset angle for dual wheel)

this is 2nd car i have running on megasquirt, the other one is a se-r specv with 57 trim t3/t4 on a built qr25de boosting about 20 psi. the sentra has a megasquirt3 daughterboard, which is quite awesome.

all the boards are v3.0.

Nice man you know you could stick a 36-1 trigger wheel on your crank pulley and keep the cam position just incase you ever go to sequintial. I'm pretty sure that 12 tooth wheel just won't give the resolution needed specially if you are doing the 6 VB291's for coil on plug there. I may be wrong but that may be whats going on.

gurov

May 17, 2010
NJ
gennro;1567893 said:
Nice man you know you could stick a 36-1 trigger wheel on your crank pulley and keep the cam position just incase you ever go to sequintial. I'm pretty sure that 12 tooth wheel just won't give the resolution needed specially if you are doing the 6 VB291's for coil on plug there. I may be wrong but that may be whats going on.

eh, i'd rather keep the 12 tooth on there.

i don't think i'll do sequential ignition, for now i tried firing the stock coils paired in like throws (1 6 ,2 5 , 3 4) using logic level (low current +5v square wave) outputs to the stock igniter off the front 3 LEDS. and that worked fine, but wandered idle vs rev. in all actuality, when i actually do go large single turbo with ignition control, i'll probably just wire up 6x ls2 coils cause i know how those respond.

as far as resolution on the 12 tooth, i think with ms3 it should be a bit better, given that it's a faster cpu with supposedly some improvements. the ms3 works fine on my sentra going off stock wonky 36-2-2 crank wheel and "number of pulses equals cylinder about to fire" cam wheel

on the slight offtopic, is your holset a variable geometry rig ? i just got an hx40 to go on the sentra, so i'll see how that goes.

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM
gurov;1568325 said:
eh, i'd rather keep the 12 tooth on there.

i don't think i'll do sequential ignition, for now i tried firing the stock coils paired in like throws (1 6 ,2 5 , 3 4) using logic level (low current +5v square wave) outputs to the stock igniter off the front 3 LEDS. and that worked fine, but wandered idle vs rev. in all actuality, when i actually do go large single turbo with ignition control, i'll probably just wire up 6x ls2 coils cause i know how those respond.

as far as resolution on the 12 tooth, i think with ms3 it should be a bit better, given that it's a faster cpu with supposedly some improvements. the ms3 works fine on my sentra going off stock wonky 36-2-2 crank wheel and "number of pulses equals cylinder about to fire" cam wheel

on the slight offtopic, is your holset a variable geometry rig ? i just got an hx40 to go on the sentra, so i'll see how that goes.

Yes my Holset HE351VE is a VGT turbo currently using a actuator to control the vanes which is all right. As of now I am working on a stepper motor control using an Atmel ATmega644 8-bit microcontroller to control the vanes.

gurov

May 17, 2010
NJ
gennro;1568398 said:
Yes my Holset HE351VE is a VGT turbo currently using a actuator to control the vanes which is all right. As of now I am working on a stepper motor control using an Atmel ATmega644 8-bit microcontroller to control the vanes.

neat... depending on the stepper motor style, i guess you could make use of the generic PWM output feature in MS3:

generic_pwm.png

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

i guess while i'm on topic of ms3, here's a few other neat things that i found could be very useful for making life less painful with megasquirt.

afr_safety.png

egt_safety.png

water_injection.png

idle_ve.png

wardog

R.G.V WARDOG
Jan 19, 2006
ALTON, TX
Good pics, im gonna try to megasquirt my 88 turbo supra.
1. What is the least espensive way to megasquirt it?
2.What do i need that its not on the 7m engine, sensors etc?
3. Is there a plug and play for the 87-88 supras?

Lmk i was gonna buy another MAFT pro but i guess its time to upgrade from piggy back to full stand alone....

gennro

Mar 12, 2008
Alamogordo, NM

Stucknot

Jul 14, 2009
Victoria, BC
Sorry to post this here, but this thread seems to be the longest and most active about megasquirt.

My question: How have you guys wired up and set up the 2JZ IAC? I've been reading things everywhere and can't find a straight answer. I have a MS2 V3.0.

Thanks in advance.