Megasquirt 3 and sync losses, anyone else? Please help me!

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
Hello,
I'm having some problem with noise. I get sync loss all over except for idle and at a steady rpm below 3000rpm.
I'm using the stock CPS with shielded wires running from the MS3 box to the CPS plug.

I have:
MS3+MS3X
Stock CPS
Three Bosch 124 modules are controlling the stock coilpack.

Ign. out (running wasted spark)from MS3X:
coil1 (cyl 1 & 6)to ign A, coil 3 (cyl 2 & 5) to ign B, coil 2 (cyl 3 & 4) to ign C

Inj. out (running fully sequential) from MS3X:
Inj A to Cyl1
Inj B to Cyl5
Inj C to Cyl3
Inj D to Cyl4
Inj E to Cyl2
Inj F to Cyl6

I have checked my grounds and they are now fine.

I have tried to ground the G2 sensor together with trigger ground but that didnt do anything. I thought that G1 was getting noise from G2.

Does anyone have an idea on what can be wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I have corrected the injector list.

I'm using the built in VR conditioners. Then one on the main board is used for primary trigger and the one on the MS3X board is used for the sync.
All the VR pots are turned fully anti-clockwise. I have tested the noise filters without any luck.

In the MS3X harness the cam wire is not shielded so I replaced that one with a shielded wire and grounded the shield together with the pri. trigger shield on pin 8 in the main db37.
Changing to a shielded wire didnt affect anything.

I'm currently using G1 as sync sensor and I have set #1 tooth angle to 20 degrees.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
I'm not familiar with the VR circuit in megasquirt. The CPS signals have a pretty wide dynamic range from idle to max rpm. The factory ECU uses a diode clamping circuit. Does the VR circuit have something similar?

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I havent read much about how it works :-/

But today I changed the max. charge duration from 1.0ms to 0.1ms and that made a huge improvement :D
Now the problem is focused around 2400-3000rpm.
Before this change I could get it to missfire at all rpms, just had to put some more load on the engine.