Megan Racing EZ Street series coilovers

fstlane88

Single time!!
Apr 5, 2005
South FL
Any one have any experience with these? They're priced at about $700, and seem good for what I'm looking for, which is just a basic coilover kit. Really just wanting the ride height adjustment, but the adjustable damping is a plus also.

Any feedback appreciated.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
As with any coilover its all in what you want. If you want a cheap way to get ride height adjustment then this is probably your best choice.

supraslow!

Apr 7, 2009
Virginia
brgrubbs24;1637843 said:
i have had mine on for about 3 months now, they feel good so far!!! def worth the money

Thats all the confirmation I needed..Just out of curiosity where did you buy your set ?

customs

Dec 29, 2008
Edmonton Ab
I drove my megan track series coils for a total of 14000 km or 8700 miles. The Right front coil is COMPLETELY blown out. I will never buy another set of these again.

I am not putting these down, they are s great price for what you get. Thats if they last. Some people have only ever said great things about them and some people have had terrible luck.
Its up to you, personally I would go with a higher quality coilover.
Stance seem to make a good coilover.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
/\/\ Thats funny because Stance and Megan Racing are both produced by BC- thus making Megan = Stance in quality

funny how stigmas about certain things get started

blk91

Aug 29, 2005
ca
Looked into it pretty close a while back and found stance to not be a bc coilover .. apex bc d2 ksport Megan are for sure. Stance to my knowledge are japanese in orgin but made in korea.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
I'm still debating my suspension set-up. Coilovers are tempting, but to get something of decent build quality and something that might last 5-10 years, it looks like you have to spend upwards of $1200. The super cheap coilovers always scare me. For something with adjustable ride height, adjustable damping, a ride quality that is ok for daily use and build quality that will last 5 years, seems like you're very limited in choices. And the choices that meet the above criteria start well over $1000...

yongai27

Aug 23, 2010
Irvine
fronts go as low as you would possibly want them to, i tucked my 18's. but if you max out the backs, you'll have a lot of wheel gap with 18's. they are pretty lame. i lowered the spring perches to make it look lower, and i think i just blew a shock coming home today. ive only had them for four-five months. Just because they are made in the same factory doesnt make them just as good as Stance.

aloshan

night ryda
Dec 7, 2010
Sydney, Australia, Australia
yongai27;1762211 said:
fronts go as low as you would possibly want them to, i tucked my 18's. but if you max out the backs, you'll have a lot of wheel gap with 18's. they are pretty lame. i lowered the spring perches to make it look lower, and i think i just blew a shock coming home today. ive only had them for four-five months. Just because they are made in the same factory doesnt make them just as good as Stance.

so whats the general consensus?I'm looking at getting these this weekend...

QuebecmkIII

Jan 27, 2009
quebec
I know it's an old tread but why doing a new one when the title is right so...
I just want to know if other people have some good or bad thing to say on that coilover.
I search alot and the MKIV and the 240 guy seem to say they are very satisfied for the price like here.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?655462-Megan-racing-EZ-coil-over-kit
So if 'you' have some experience with them say me your opinion. I am hesitating between the economic way and the Megan street or invest more and go with the HSD coilover... Anyway the supra will never see a track.
thank

Last edited: