megan racing ez street series coilover!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I haven't driven on their EZ street series, but I've been driving on their track series coilovers for a few years now. My one and only complaint with them is the lack of travel, but you're not likely to find a coilover suspension (or even normal lowering springs) that allow for anywhere near the travel of stock. Normally not a problem, but it's not uncommon for me to be at the limit of the suspension drop over some of the road transitions and bumps.

Just takes a bit of getting used to and care how much power you're putting down over rough roads. ;)

tErbo b00st

Hard Ass
Mar 20, 2007
Iowa City, IA
www.kougakuracing.com
te72;1846250 said:
I haven't driven on their EZ street series, but I've been driving on their track series coilovers for a few years now. My one and only complaint with them is the lack of travel, but you're not likely to find a coilover suspension (or even normal lowering springs) that allow for anywhere near the travel of stock. Normally not a problem, but it's not uncommon for me to be at the limit of the suspension drop over some of the road transitions and bumps.

Just takes a bit of getting used to and care how much power you're putting down over rough roads. ;)

The megan coilovers come with separate ride height adjustment...there is absolutely no way you are near the end of it's travel.

That is the shitty damping of megan coilovers that you are feeling. You are "getting used to" shit suspension that can not control the wheel movement properly.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
tErbo b00st;1852774 said:
The megan coilovers come with separate ride height adjustment...there is absolutely no way you are near the end of it's travel.

That is the shitty damping of megan coilovers that you are feeling. You are "getting used to" shit suspension that can not control the wheel movement properly.
When I jack the car up, I have about 2.5-3" of wheel travel until it is off the ground. Thoughts? They came installed on the car, and I've only adjusted the height and dampening to my liking, I haven't messed with the pre-load at all, and I'm not certain the original owner did that correctly either.

So, how do I get more travel out of the suspension I have?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Mine are the same way. Except I get like a inch or 2 in the back and like 3-4 in the front.