mega squirt

noa324

booster
Dec 19, 2008
miami
thinking about going standalone in the future, was wondering if any body has heard anything about the megasquirt??? Friend of my swears by it but im not to sure.. Any imput is helpfull

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I love Megasquirt.
Make sure you get Megasquirt 2 PCB v3.0 and then use the ms2_extra code.

I use it in my turbo converted mazda and have done that for about 3years.

I will install MS2 in my supra when it's time to take care of the engine.

FYI, VEMS is megasquirt with more restrictions so of you decid between them, MS is the way to go. I have used VEMS v3.3 and I don't like it.

All of the ms systems that I have built I have bought from diyautotune.com

new88sup4me

Jan 25, 2009
Texas For now
Yea MS is the way to go.... Also Check out MSefi.com, and log in and talk to them about your set up... im in the Same process, and its less for an MS setup, then for a new wiring harness for the sup from toyota
Nick
:bling::bling:

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
theres a huge thread here on it. search. im using a ms2 with v3.0 board. i love it. this thing is AWESOME!!!!!. its running the 7mgte in my 84. got it installed 2 weeks ago. still got some tuning to do but a few other issues need worked out first that are my fault. im using edis 6 for ignition and a 4bar map with aem wideband, stock coil packs and tps and gm air temp and coolant temp sensors. you can check my car domain for more info. link is in my sig.

esdafoo

Feb 20, 2009
Quebec
I got a complete MS-II PCB3 system already on my BMW, and I'm swapping a 2JZGTE in it.

I want to know how do you control the 2nd turbo, since it's controlled by multiple VSV by the Supra ECU.

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
run it in true twin or use some boost activated switches. might be able to configure the extra outputs of the ms2 to control the vsv's. id post the vsv diagram on mesefi.com and see what they tell you. might be able to tell you how to wire it up and what settings to change