Me attempting to drift lolz

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
Im learning and ill get there :)

[video]http://s852.photobucket.com/albums/ab85/1jzma70/?action=view&current=IMG_0106.mp4[/video]

Falken

May 31, 2009
Los Angeles
lol ya i get to close to that curb... but it was my first attempt last night, the streets where empty its a spot where they drag so no one was there :p and ya looked like a powerslide to me too hahaha but ill get more practice in just hard when you work graveyard and have couple nights and a wife lol

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
fail.... gj though, you will get better the more you get a feel for your car, learn to read the roads to since your on the street. you'll get to the point in which you will see a road and know where every bump that could mess you up will be, how fast to hit the turn, best method of execution, how much steering/throttle to provide.

Heavy D

Jun 3, 2009
worcester, ma
i usually tap the gas when i drift, but hey at least no one is around you to crash into a car, at least you have to see that, cause no one is going to get hurt. also looks good, just keep practicing and you will be good

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Don't listen to these inexperienced posters, as long as you have a spotter and are doing it on dead empty roads (as you were), you are fine. Ask any real drifter if you wanna learn how to drift, learn on the street.

honeydew

Supra Freebaser
May 10, 2007
Toronto, Ontario
7Mboost;1619993 said:
Don't listen to these inexperienced posters, as long as you have a spotter and are doing it on dead empty roads (as you were), you are fine. Ask any real drifter if you wanna learn how to drift, learn on the street.

To be fair, the site and members can't condone the actions portrayed. Cool video though. If I were posting this vid I would include a disclaimer ie. closed course, professional driver, do not attempt, etc.... pretty quick. Look what happened to this guy....:

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...-internet-100810/20100810/?hub=TorontoNewHome

I mean, you are posting a video, possibly embedded (Forever), of you breaking the law. Be careful!

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I rather lose control on a controlled course than on a street where a ditch, a curb, a building, (do I need to continue?) can be. You play with bigger risks on the street.

...and for the record, a "spotter" isn't going to do jack squat after you lose it, this isn't cheer leading.

northwestsupra

Sep 19, 2006
Washington, Marysville
closetnerd;1621926 said:
I rather lose control on a controlled course than on a street where a ditch, a curb, a building, (do I need to continue?) can be. You play with bigger risks on the street.

...and for the record, a "spotter" isn't going to do jack squat after you lose it, this isn't cheer leading.

but this also leaves that fear inside of you to make sure you know how to control that car before you starting busting into turns at 60+mph :) because knowing that the ending consequence could be your car/life its safer to be 100% about the feel for your car vs not having any fear and trying to be cool i guess.. as for the spotter he is good for cameras and cop/pedestrian watch out

TripleC

Dec 2, 2009
FO CO
7Mboost;1619993 said:

dont do what this guy says. Find a track and pay to play. If not your just asking for a wreckless driving ticket.

daledoe

KILL U
Nov 18, 2005
MAINE
Good try. I'd say go to a track if u can. Your lucky you have tracks near you. Here in Maine there are few chances to drift on a track. Keep trying man :thumbup:

MK3er

Jan 1, 2010
Ohio
Im sure that you live near a church, football field, or school that has a nice big empty parking lot after hours. Make sure you know who can see you in the lot and how many entrances there are. First time i got caught drifting in a school parking lot i told the cop my tires were bald and i was just turning around in my '79 Chevy nova. Let me go with a warning probably because I was in an area where nobody was around.

whitemike

Banned
Aug 30, 2009
Winter Park, Florida, United States
SadFace.jpg

closetnerd

35% Biotic
Feb 15, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
northwestsupra;1627194 said:
but this also leaves that fear inside of you to make sure you know how to control that car before you starting busting into turns at 60+mph :) because knowing that the ending consequence could be your car/life its safer to be 100% about the feel for your car vs not having any fear and trying to be cool i guess.. as for the spotter he is good for cameras and cop/pedestrian watch out

I can't decipher three-fourths of that.