mazda 6 turbo awd vs mk3 turbo.

blacksupra

Apr 9, 2005
Buena Park,CA
My co-woker has a mazda 6 with dp, exhaust, intake , bigger intercooler and the boost control. According to this guy he's running 13.2 on the quater mile.The turbo is stock. My buddy has my old mk3 with 15 psi , 550 injectors, afm, 3' exhaust, ddp,K&N.
They're going to race next week. I know off the line the mazda has tha advantage cuz of the awd but what about from the roll.
My co-woker is cocky he was telling me he could smoke my cobra if it didn't have the pulley.
What do u think ?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
I've got a co-worker with a Mazdaspeed 6 too. I think his is stock though. They have something like 276 crank HP don't they? I think the Mazda is lighter (but not sure). Tell him to race from a roll and go from there, it sounds like it's going to be a close race... Any idea of what HP your old supra had? I'm guessing the Mazda has around 300 to the wheels...

Turbo. Targa. Life.

SupraMania Shirt Slinger!
Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
That mazda should be laying down closer to 320 at the wheels, depending on how high he has the boost set. the supra sounds like it's at around 350 to the wheels depending on how healthy it was. So figure the supra is at least 800lbs heavier.Every 100lbs is 10hp. SO, the supra loses 80hp instantly leaving it at 270. I say the MS6 is gonna walk all over the supe.

Not to rain on your parade or anything :D

thechori

supra-deprived
Oct 3, 2006
houston
Turbo. Targa. Life. said:
That mazda should be laying down closer to 320 at the wheels, depending on how high he has the boost set. the supra sounds like it's at around 350 to the wheels depending on how healthy it was. So figure the supra is at least 800lbs heavier.Every 100lbs is 10hp. SO, the supra loses 80hp instantly leaving it at 270. I say the MS6 is gonna walk all over the supe.

i'm gonna have to agree

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
there was a guy at the track, not sure what he had done but was going 99mph.. still stock turbo.. wasn't that fast.. race and find out..

mazdaspeed 6 or the mx-6 turbo... i was talking about a mx-6 turbo..

socalguy

Sep 18, 2006
socal

Wow, bench racing extraordinaire

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
my friend has a brand new mazdaspeed 3 which is lighter than the 6 and has the same motor and my friend with his 87mk3 w/ an afc, 550's, upgraded ct-26 with 12lbs of boost and stock intercooler blew the doors off the mazda. mk3 has 180,000 miles. oh yeah he has the lexus afm too. the mazda was stock, but none of the races were close. from a roll and a dead start

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
socalguy said:
Wow, bench racing extraordinaire
Wow, newb extraordinaire. In all honesty, there's NO point in racing a real race if you know you're going to lose. There just isn't. Rolling up on someone at a stoplight and having some fun is a different story; setting up a race and running when you know you'll lose is foolish, and a good chance at breaking something. So stfu and go back to your corner.

socalguy

Sep 18, 2006
socal
Wow, newb extraordinaire. In all honesty, there's NO point in racing a real race if you know you're going to lose. There just isn't. Rolling up on someone at a stoplight and having some fun is a different story; setting up a race and running when you know you'll lose is foolish, and a good chance at breaking something. So stfu and go back to your corner.

How do you know he's going to lose?

That's right, by bench racing.:icon_conf

If you want to know who's faster and quicker you go out, race, and let's the chips fall where they may.

Stop hiding behind your join date and post count. Bench racing is bench racing and it's stupid.

If you do anything and don't even believe you have a chance at winning, then you've lost already. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Last edited:

Turbo. Targa. Life.

Apr 16, 2005
O'Fallon, MO
www.geocities.com
socalguy said:
How do you know he's going to lose?

That's right, by bench racing.

If you want to know who's faster and quicker you go out, race, and let's the chips fall where they may.

Stop hiding behind your join date and post count. Bench racing is bench racing and it's stupid.

If you do anything and don't even believe you have a chance at winning, then you've lost already. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophecy?
I do believe in self-fulfilling prophecy actually. Maybe if you keep telling yourself you aren't an ignorant jack-off, you won't be one.

Will power cannot and never will overpower sheer fact. When a heavier car with barely more rwhp races a lighter car with barely less awhp, the outcome is nearly inevitable.

I'm not hiding behind anything; yes, I've been here longer; yes, I have more posts. What I'm trying to say is stop ignoring the facts. I wasn't bench racing, I was stating a logical explanation as to why I thought the MS6 would win. It's kinda called a hypothesis, you know...educated guess?

HAH, go figure, you're an MKIV owner. I swear, free plastic surgery to turn your chin into a scrotum and your scalp into a head must come with the car.

~BrandoN~
PS--Feel free to make all the "cheap ass MKIII owner jokes you want, because IDGAF!!

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
The mazda guy will be feeling proud that he can take on Supras.
Set him up with a faster supra and blow him away.
Break his ego.

Cheers,
Roy

speed

Gone. Email me.
May 27, 2006
not here
www.timduganphotography.com
a buddy of mine has a MS6, with the basic upgrades, its a rightfully quick car! But my favorite thing about it is the transmission. I absolutely love it. The car understeers a little too much though, but what can you expect from an AWD car?

89supturbo

Jul 28, 2006
Delmar, NY
That mazda wouldn't even touch a stock cobra, I watched a race with a stock mach 1 that has less power than the cobra against a stock mazda 6 and he got beat by about 7-9 lengths by the end of a quarter mile.