May 2010 Meet

Davismj711

PA Mountain Supra
Well the 10 day weather for the area is driving me crazy. It has gone from sunny and 80, to 30% chance of Rain, to cloudy. We are booked at the Ramada through Tuesday. Sunday and Monday look like a bust. I am hopeful that it's all a mistake and not only will the meet have sunshine but that it stays another 3 days.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Davismj711;1568139 said:
Well the 10 day weather for the area is driving me crazy. It has gone from sunny and 80, to 30% chance of Rain, to cloudy. We are booked at the Ramada through Tuesday. Sunday and Monday look like a bust. I am hopeful that it's all a mistake and not only will the meet have sunshine but that it stays another 3 days.

Yeah I get 84 and 20% of rain cloudy then T-storms for the 2 days after. Weather down here is weird when the day calls for rain it will go from 10mins of rain and thats it or it will be a hurricane. The weather man doesnt even know. I need to switch jobs... What other job you know that you could be a professional liar!!!

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

That rain out day might come into effect. I just dont want to cancel yet it was suppose to rain out the car show last saturday for Sumospeed turned out to be clear skies and 90. I have to post something by midnight thers members coming from all over that might have hotels reserved.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
I would shoot myself if I cancel and it doesn't rain. Also would shoot myself if we are standing in the rain... Its the nature of the beast when dealing w/ outside events.

EverAfter

Just Getting Started
Mar 4, 2010
Virginia
Rain would suck. Been working every free hour to get my supra together. Although an extra week or two wouldn't hurt. jk. Might have to whip the Celica daily.

applesauce

Banned Scammer
Aug 24, 2006
Virginia
Postponed June 12th is the new date. If it rains that day then oh well there aren't anymore rainout days. Had this dealership locked for those 2 dates only. All I can still hope for is full participation!

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
applesauce;1568576 said:
I would shoot myself if I cancel and it doesn't rain. Also would shoot myself if we are standing in the rain... Its the nature of the beast when dealing w/ outside events.

Bequeath your car to me first.

But I'm still up for the new date. Hope everyone else is too. Good call as well...forcast has changed to t-storms. :nono:

Mark, you still coming down for those days? :(

s000pra89T

SuFra TurVo
Apr 18, 2005
VA Beach
Unfortunately, yes sir. ::shrug:: Hope you're still good with the new date.

Apple, may need to edit the thread title as well to reflect the new date. If this is posted elsewhere, hopefully it's updated on those forums too.

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
applesauce;1568831 said:
Postponed June 12th is the new date. If it rains that day then oh well there aren't anymore rainout days. Had this dealership locked for those 2 dates only. All I can still hope for is full participation!

Great news!! My car developed a coolant leak under the exhaust manifold today so I would have had to cancel anyway..

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
that day should be good for me. hopefully it dosent rain or anything mess up where i cant come

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

D7MSupra;1569087 said:
screw this meet if none of you can keep your plans and word. ive been planning on this for however long its been posted. its not that hard to make a plan and stick to it

the only reason it is postponed is because it is suppose to rain all weekend with thunderstorms he just did it so everyone didnt get down there and have to stand in the rain. i know it sucks but i would rather wait for a sunny day to. hopefully you will still come down