Matching "Shadow Grey"

bryanintexas

aaarrrrrggghhhh!!!!!
Apr 4, 2005
spring, texas
Anyone ever match the shadow grey color w/ a dye? The reason I ask, I have a good interior set in shadow grey, w/ the exception of a dash and glovebox. The ones I have are medium grey. I was possibly hoping to dye them to match, since they are so hard to come by in good shape. I've checked SEM @ the local paint store, and nothing is that dark.

Just curious to see if anyone had found something that would pass.

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
bryanintexas;1117024 said:
Anyone ever match the shadow grey color w/ a dye? The reason I ask, I have a good interior set in shadow grey, w/ the exception of a dash and glovebox. The ones I have are medium grey. I was possibly hoping to dye them to match, since they are so hard to come by in good shape. I've checked SEM @ the local paint store, and nothing is that dark.

Just curious to see if anyone had found something that would pass.

I used some cheap spray paint. from a pep boys. It matches pretty well, its slightly darker than stock but its barley noticable. only when you look close.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Unlikely you will find a perfect match even if you had the original dye. Things like color variation, and fade from the sunlight come in to play. The best soloution is to have a paint shop mix up a color match based on the interior parts your trying to match.