Masons/freemasons, nutters in general?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Just curious, what is the deal here? I've read/heard about all sorts of "secret societies", but most of what I read about any of them leads me to one conclusion:

Nutters.

This was brought on by a conversation at work and a recent email I received. Am I right, or does anyone have any particular insight (presentable, research-able stuff here folks, not vague ideas and crazy talk) that might help enlighten me?

mercuryfreak200

?Which parents?
my uncle richard was a mason. its kind of secrective stuff. I think he was a 32cnd degree mason or somthing to that nature. I do know since he was a mason I can join but never really wanted too. Other then that secret stuff he was a fun loving and all around respected by everybody had a job and owned some kind of stock. so normal in opinion.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Meh... IMO it's basically just a big club of guys that look out for each other where they can. Sure, some of 'em wear funny hats and put odd ornaments on their cars.

The 'secrets' can't be very significant, or they'd be on the internet by now. Witness Scientology's complete inability to keep a lid on their collective crazy.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Ar.jpg

Stonecutter here..

but it's a secret..

shhuuttt uuuuupppp

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
SWD Fredester 3;1841253 said:
Hey Brad, I'm a brick mason/stone mason, own business for 30 yrs. and EXCEPT for playing around with my Supra, I don't consider myself a "nutter".
I meant this whole club thing, didn't know you were a bricklayer. And yes, owning a Supra to the degree you do makes you a nutter. :p

GrimJack;1841254 said:
Meh... IMO it's basically just a big club of guys that look out for each other where they can. Sure, some of 'em wear funny hats and put odd ornaments on their cars.

The 'secrets' can't be very significant, or they'd be on the internet by now. Witness Scientology's complete inability to keep a lid on their collective crazy.
Just seemed to me like those who admit to it are a bit... off. But I can see what you mean, I figure it's a fraternity of sorts. Never bothered me, but strikes me as a bit strange, to be a grown ass adult and be so secretive about your club... reminds of how kids and tree houses are. :)

And hey, I happen to find Scientology a riot. Then again, religion as a whole, that can be quite the comedy AND tragedy, but I think that is best left for another thread.

RazoE;1841256 said:
Ar.jpg

Stonecutter here..

but it's a secret..

shhuuttt uuuuupppp
Haha, this was actually the first thing that came to my mind this afternoon. No worries, your secret is safe with me. ;)

DahnEEEE

Mar 31, 2011
Californiaaa
Freemasons exist. There's a Masonic temple down the street from my house. haha. But what they practice or whatevers... i have no clue. . actually some of the symbolism they use in the Mormon tabernacle is veryyyyyyy similar to freemasonic temples

link: http://vigilantcitizen.com/sinistersites/sinister-sites-temple-square-utah

I've actually been there before when I was 15 for church camp. We were able to take a tour of the mormon tabernacle Its really beautiful :D

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
DahnEEEE;1841683 said:
I've actually been there before when I was 15 for church camp. We were able to take a tour of the mormon tabernacle Its really beautiful :D
I wouldn't know, they don't let "infidels" in... Closest I've been to it is when I took part in the first annual zombie walk, it was rather amusing when church was letting out that Sunday, to be met with a crowd of hundreds mumbling "brains? brains? no... no brains..." as the crowd shambled on. :p

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I would say this about the Freemasons. We know they exist, we know they were most likely the architects of the freedom we enjoy and some take for granted today. I personally hope they run things secretly behind the scenes, let us on occasion vote in those that would damage our freedoms so we once in a while we know what giving ourselves a bloody nose is. In the end we are Free like no one before us or since.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
suprageezer;1842114 said:
I would say this about the Freemasons. We know they exist, we know they were most likely the architects of the freedom we enjoy and some take for granted today. I personally hope they run things secretly behind the scenes, let us on occasion vote in those that would damage our freedoms so we once in a while we know what giving ourselves a bloody nose is. In the end we are Free like no one before us or since.
You know, in a weird sort of way... I almost hope you're right. That might mean that this bloody nose is hopefully on it's way out...

suprageezer

Aug 27, 2005
Southern California
I see it like this, leading up to the last election was scary because of what I was hearing about the change coming to America if Obama was elected. Then the day came when the President Obama took the oath, then he went and was breifed on what he needed to know as the New President. I have to admit from that moment on the demeanor of the man changed, like now he knew things he did not know, and most never will, and honestly things really havent changed much since. Yes were all up in arms about Nationalizing the Medical Industry, but I do believe this will pass into the history books, as Freemen don't like being forced to pay for others Freebies, after all I'm a Supra owner and need all the money I can earn to feed it, LOL