mark 2 supra with 7mgte swap

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
So just a little update was going through the wiring last night and discuvered some stuff. My fuel pump is run on 12V constant, my BO wire that powers my ignitor was hooked up to a pidly wire under the dash that the IG SW was supposed o be connected to...pics up tommorow, so I hooked up the BO wire to the ignition big fat black yellow wire, and wired in a connection to the IG SW and this is what happened......ohhh happy day!!!!!

mg3563.jpg

code 11

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Code 11 is a disturbance in the power / ground to the ECU. Try clearing the codes and see if it's just stored from before, of course, but next you get to check your power and ground lines to the ECU.

Power is pretty basic. Ground is supposed to be connected to the rear bottom of the intake runners in the engine bay... and is kind of dependent on the body grounds being in place as well.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
I could see the code 52 causing a major loss of power, but I dunno about fuel cut.
I think the problem is still in the electronics- either the ECU or the AFM. Either way, you're on the right track.

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
supraguy@aol;1287681 said:
I could see the code 52 causing a major loss of power, but I dunno about fuel cut.
I think the problem is still in the electronics- either the ECU or the AFM. Either way, you're on the right track.

Well as soon as the check engine light comes on I've got fuel cut and no other codes.....and I believe I have read that when code 52 shows up peoples car don't run so well.

GrimJack;1287754 said:
52 - knock sensor. Pretty easy to check, and lots of detail on how to rewire them to get rid of it is available.

Have you test driven it since you fixed the CEL and the code 11?

Yup I took it for a test drive last night with all the codes cleared and a happy blinking CEL and then started driving. I let the car warm up still a happy blinking CEL and then went for a drive and tried to boost....fuel cut and code 52 rite away.

thevork;1287802 said:
Read this thread out of curiousity and actually just right after reading a thread about problems with the safc-neo and the karman vortex signal.
There is some info in that thread you might want to check out to see if you're having the newer type NEO without the KV signal bugs:
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93298

The Neo is not hooked up to the karman signal loop rite now so its not the problem. The Problem with the neo is above 1100 hz, fuel cut with the TSRM is around 1400 HZ give or take from what I have read. Mine does need to be sent in but at the moment its a cheap way for me to see RPM's

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
supraguy@aol;1287681 said:

thank you so much for posting that thought, I went back through the wiring that the previous owner had done and sure enough the wrong circuit was opening up the fuel pump........ohhhh man does 10 PSI of boost feel amazing....I don't even have words to express the freeken awesomeness of it :aigo:

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
thanks Grim

getting a permit tommorow and trying to get it through air care....any suggestions ? I've heard a bottle of ??rubbing alcohol?? helps clear up any HC