MAPECU running rich

b00stin87t

Jun 28, 2007
T.O.
Installed the MAP ECU in my 87 Supra Turbo currently it has stock 440cc injectors with a T57 Turbo. I am using the 550cc map, but I took out 25% fuel out of the map and the car still running rich from what the wideband shows 10.5:1 at idle. I was told to keep pulling out fuel till it drops down to at least 14:1. But it won't go past 12:1 and that when I took out almost 60% of the fuel from the map.

Any suggestions or does anyone have a 440cc fuel map for the MK3 Supra?

Thanks...

b00stin87t

Jun 28, 2007
T.O.
I tried doing that, but it kept all the zero's. Of course I know that isn't suppose to happen and I rev the motor to see if that made a difference or not and nothing. :1zhelp:

By the way what is the correct reading on the fuel pressure regulator suppose to be?

b00stin87t

Jun 28, 2007
T.O.
I have discovered something else as well the Karmen Vortex Frequency (AFM) is reading 0Hz. Does anyone know what this means? :1zhelp:

b00stin87t

Jun 28, 2007
T.O.
I found out was going on I had it hooked up with the wrong wires. I was using the AFM wire which is Green instead of the KVF wire which is Blue. Then I needed to switch the wire also on the IAT or resistor around to get it working properly. I felt like an idiot after seeing my mistake, but then its all part of the learning process.

The car runs not so bad now and the AFM has been disconnected. I need to get it to the dyno for some tuning.

I attached the wiring diagram that I was given.

Thanks for everyones help!!! :icon_bigg

Attachments

• 7M-GTE 87-88 MAP-ECU.JPG
    7M-GTE 87-88 MAP-ECU.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 68